Got FS2!

nah mixo i'm hanging on to it for the time being....

chee, a few things made me choose fs2

i prefer the FS software over serato

i use keycorrect quite a bit.

serato is still very difficult to obtain in my area.

i did seriously consider it though, fs2 just edged it out.

you'll be impressed how much better the sound quality is now.

there are a couple of annoying glitches though:

when cueing the track starts halfway through, then returns to the begining when the timecode kicks in, but this is due to me using my old FS1 scratch records i reckon (no leadin grooves)

if you spin the record quicky from a dead stop, the software doesn't respond like it should.

that's all i've found wrong so far.

One thing that pisses me off is the way people compare FS and Serato as if they represent Stanton and Rane respectively, and hence judge Serato to be dope and FS to be cheap and tacky, thanks to experience with mixers (or worse, hear-say about mixers). Neither product was an in-house project, they were both adopted fairly late on in ther initial development.

I ordered FS2 nearly 2 weeks ago from ebay, £415, and I've just learned now its been "damaged in transit" and they're gonna have to re-send. Also got an email from ebay saying that these dudes have violated copyright infringment or something so they're obviously conpeople. Just about got enough time to get it delivered from decks.co.uk, they reckon next day delivery, but its gonna be an extra 100 quid or so. Arses.

now its been "damaged in transit"

you cant trust a ford. ;)

fs2 is hawt by the way. last night at dub7's house i cut on it for 2 hours (with superseal on .wav) and it was faultless. and the scratch amp itself is laden with features (lots of inputs/outputs)

money well spent mate. (when it finally arrives for ya)

• 2 weeks later...

had fs2 since christmas and its the shizzle. "skipless" mode is the best invention ever for scratching, and with horribly fast rewinds it sounds normal. Definately vastly improved from FS1.5 and possibly even worth the money :o

BTW has anyone else ever used final scratch to mix an accapella and instrumental, and then use that?

Edited by Snatch