Broken mixer <sob>

Infinite

I picked up my Stanton SA-12 from the bar where I DJ having left it for the last DJs of the night to use, and I notice the right channel fader is HORRIBLY stiff. Even worse, when I try to use it the volume stays at the same level i.e. the fader seems fucked. I tried cleaning & lubricating it but its made absolutely no difference. Gutted.

Any ideas how much Lamba will charge for a new up-fader........ :cry:

i've completely taken the fader apart and it dosent seem to be damaged at all. Someone must have spily something in there and its fucked the fader.

so if it's interchangeable does that mean I can use the p&g crossfader from my old mixer (sa-8)? Thing is, the pin connector thing for the channels arn't accessible like the crossfader is so I don't know how I'd actually remove the present one without completely taking apart the mixer. Any ideas? If not I'll take it down to Academy of Sound tmrw, they should be able to do it if I give them the replacement.

you can use the png from the sa-8 , but bypass the little circuit board on the bottom and just plug it straight in. the cable from the upfader will have a join in it (usually) before it attaches to the circuit board (if its anything like my sa-5 it will). just unplug it there and plug the replacement fader in.