New product from Vestax

Steve

Not a clue mate. The pic was taken at the Vestax Extravaganza. I'm not even sure if it's a retail item yet.

It's interesting because just the other day me and Grae were talking about the poor positioning of controls on decks and the fact that even though everyone has their tables sideways, they are still not designed to be that way. What I don't like about this product is that the two sides are like a mirror image. I'd rather the controls were to the right of the platter on both sides. I guess for clubs this could be decent though. I wouldn't mind turning up to play and seeing that there.

yea i mean it seems like a great idea to increase portability and space management.... but knowing vestax they usually over price things. I mean if i had the dough Id buy the QFO which is a really a cool idea aswell but its just too expensive i rather lug around one thing like the qfo but if its gonna cost me and arm and a leg forget about it. One good thing that will come out of this is that itll push other companies hopefully to come up with innovative stuff like this, instead of jumping on the digital band wagon... which is cool but like you said a turntable is yet to be made really that fits right.. I dunno know i think im just talking outta my ass. But big ups for the info

It looks like the tonearms are locked in place in the pic, yet they overhang the back edge of the unit. There's a carrying handle on the front too. Bad design really. You could easily fuck up the tonearms if you forgot yourself and had to put the unit down for a second.

I wouldn't buy a QFO personally because they are too expensive and the positioning of the crossfader is poor IMO. Plus with separate components you can chop and change them like you would with hifi separates. If I was to upgrade, I'd like a pair of Vestax PDX-2000 Mk 2 Pro and either a Rane or an Ecler Hak 360, maybe even one of those fancy Pioneer 909s.

yea I wouldnt mind a 909 i had a go at one at a local GC and man that fader was awesome especially when the guy that worked there let me tighten and loosen the tension on the fader.. very nice. I really like the effects as well. Eventhough i could do with out them. Overall a fine looking and working piece of equipment.

Manufacturers of DJ gear seem to be so slow in reacting to the demands of DJs. There is still no decent loop station that's specifically designed for the DJ. The RC-20 is good, but you could make something a lot better. I'd also like to see more innovative designs. For example, you could possibly control certain elements of a turntable via a mixer, like start/stop, pitch etc. That way you could use your fader hand to do certain stuff. I dunno, I'd just like to see something new and exciting I guess instead of the same old shite.

The Vestax thing, it's hideous. Looks old fashioned. "Hey, check out my DJ station!"

Bastards.

it dosent seem that bad not to say i would buy it but i can see some advantages at having it like that. I dunno it just seems like vestax is trying to make it into a guitar like intrument even though its its own thing. The thing that turns me off about stuff like this is not everyone likes its a certain specific way and that the good thing about having ur tables and mixer seperate is you can put them any way you like... and Ive seen some odd ass ways people have set up there equipment. but thats always the best something thats confortable to you. And like sigma said the positioning of the fader could be akward for some people but not other i dunno i would rather buy everything seperately.

I think Ian means that if you just pick up the arm on the left and drop it on the record, without bending it right down to face the front of the unit. The record would play clockwise but it would be backwards because the tonearm is facing the wrong way.

I think Ian means that if you just pick up the arm on the left and drop it on the record, without bending it right down to face the front of the unit. The record would play clockwise but it would be backwards because the tonearm is facing the wrong way.

Naw, the record would play forward. The tonearm is just set backwards.

I´ve just tried it! Believe me!

How can you try it with the PDX? The tonearm doesn't bend all the way to the other side - it gets just past the spindle. If the arm was the other way then the record would be passing the needle in the opposite direction (despite the record still turning clockwise).