Someone help me with samples for the cdx!

Once you have it up and running, post some audio. I'd love to see how it performs.

I had a play with a CDX once and I think it was set to the wrong mode, where the sample would keep on 'drifting', so I couldn't really gauge how good it was.

Haha... are you craaaazy?! Im not paying!!

I just saw the thread on DMC and thought I point it out just incase you're interested. If I had a CDX I wouldn't be paying for shit I just record everything I could and play about.

I recommend you get a mic and a minidisc or something and go out on a ramapage torturing all the kids and pets in the area, your could make a dope Halloween track with all the screams and howls :devil_smile:

Edited by x2k

Yo, I gots all kinda stuff man. The CDX comes with a cd that you can play with that has some cool stuff. Best thing is to start off by recording all you favorite samples off your vynil and get the volumes equal between records and all. You be able to put most of your stuff on one cd. I got like 5 records all on one cd. I recomend that you break things in to as many tracks as makes sense but not to many but it sux to have just 1 track of a record. Makes it hard to navigate through samples. I also used Reason or FruitLopps whtever you use and mash out some wav files of just different synth and drums sounds randomly. Chop up some acapellas, whatever seems clever. And youll be ready when it gets there. I got some random stuff put togther. Being as I use it mostly only with my live band, the cds I use are just about 30 samples in the order as they are used according to the playlist. We we write new songs I am still diggin through the crates or now programming sounds that will fit. Then when it makes it to the playlist I add it to the CD. So I dont have the largest arrangements of samples but I can give you what I got. I have dial up so I'll have to go to iExist's to upload WAV files. Let me know if you have any questions on it, I pretty much have it down.