Skratch Beat Producers In The Studio Ep:1 - Lone Wolf

Guest Symatic

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Motek - when you see this, please try to remember that it was made for educational purposes not smutty pleasure.

There is going to be a hell of lot of unboxing to this :((

Excellent! This vid has made me realise, amongst other things, that I could probably do with a controller to bash out rhythms on.

I'd be lost without pads. Partly cos I learnt on an MPC and don't know any better I guess, but still I find that having drums or sample chops on pads and just having a bit of a freestyle with them always gives me patterns I would never have found any other way.

Excellent! This vid has made me realise, amongst other things, that I could probably do with a controller to bash out rhythms on.

I'd be lost without pads. Partly cos I learnt on an MPC and don't know any better I guess, but still I find that having drums or sample chops on pads and just having a bit of a freestyle with them always gives me patterns I would never have found any other way.

What would you recommend that's cheap but does the job? The Akai MPD218 looks good. Is the MPD18 a bit too simple?

Am I about to get told to start a new thread? ;)

What would you recommend that's cheap but does the job? The Akai MPD218 looks good. Is the MPD18 a bit too simple?

Nothing wrong with MPD's. Korg Nano pads are even cheaper (but less substantial). TBH I just use the keys of my keyboard a lot of the time!

Nothing wrong with MPD's. Korg Nano pads are even cheaper (but less substantial). TBH I just use the keys of my keyboard a lot of the time!

I tried using my keyboard but it sounded sloppy. Maybe I should just practise and save myself a few quid!

I tried using my keyboard but it sounded sloppy. Maybe I should just practise and save myself a few quid!

Ya I know what you mean. I've been playing with melodics a while with my Push and it really helped my timing, now I can just use the keyboard sufficiently to put in some simple stuff. I kind of like a bit of sloppiness too.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Noice plus lolz at the way it was edited to make you amusingly err-core in your speech, as highlighted by bromother up there.

Also, i've said once before but your love of delay is heart warmingly like my own and entirely correct. Kudos!