Problem: Numark PT-01 Scratch w/ Ultra Pitch Kit - speed fluttering

I just installed the ultrapitch kit from openformat.la in my Numark PT-01 Scratch and it works great but it seems the motor is having trouble getting up to speed when skratching it up now. I noticed a very obvious flutter in speed when releasing the record while doing baby scratches and such, almost like it's trying really hard to jump back to speed upon release. It won't do this when I use a very light touch and it stays consistent while just playing normally, but when I cut it up like I did before the mod it's extremely noticeable. I'll post a video soon if anyone requests, was wondering if anyone else had this issue?

Any thoughts?

I think this is a drawback from installing an ultra pitch. You lose the factory pitch controls and the platter will drag is rpm is too low. I was informed to use an app called "RPM" to detect proper RPMs and make markers for your ultra pitch knob. I havent done this personally, but I just try to not to turn the pitch too low on the PT01.. There's also the option of adding a livestrong/or similar bracelet to your platter where your belt goes. This will add more tension to your belt. Will also stretch it in time (another mod drawback).

I just recently did the ultrapitch mod on my second portable with a kit that I picked up from the black friday sale they had a little while back.

This one seems to have noticeable fluttering as soon as I try to pitch it down below 10%. As such, I've turned the stock pitch to -10% and just left it there, making any adjustments needed with the ultrapitch knob.

Not sure why this might be occurring as I never had this issue with the first install but this work around seems to do the job for me.

I just recently did the ultrapitch mod on my second portable with a kit that I picked up from the black friday sale they had a little while back.

This one seems to have noticeable fluttering as soon as I try to pitch it down below 10%. As such, I've turned the stock pitch to -10% and just left it there, making any adjustments needed with the ultrapitch knob.

Not sure why this might be occurring as I never had this issue with the first install but this work around seems to do the job for me.

very interesting, mine was also from the black friday sale, maybe a bad batch went out? Anyway they're sending me a replacement, hoping this solves the problem

• 2 years later...