Anyone use noise cancelling headphones for scratching?

Deft

My wife wanted some wireless headphones for Christmas, so I bought her some overpriced Bose shit-cans. They are Bluetooth, so no doubt they will drop out endlessly - but I'm prepared to be amazed. More interesting to me is the noise-cancelling aspect to block out external noise. Can it cope with endlessly clicky fader sounds for practicing? My usual method is simply turn the volume up on my headphones to "cancel" out the fader click sound but I'm curious. I'll find out either way come Christmas.......

My wife has a pair of Bose cans, though not the Bluetooth ones. You put them on, flick a switch and can't hear a thing that's going on around you.

I'll test them later with fader clicking but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to hear it. One of the reasons she uses them is so she doesn't have to listen to my endless fader clicking!

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

I might get a pair of these for my other half... Anything that can completely eliminate her foghorn of a voice barking instructions at me would be a real bonus!

Be easier just to get a shock collar mate, she will soon learn to shut up :((

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sennheiser HD 280 work pretty well for cancelling outside sound, and they're only $100.

I use these for everything , you can really crank them at a club and they've never broken , they're comfy for practicing and great at eliminating sound to an extent too. I think I bought a pair for £50 on Amazon a few years ago