Vestax Handy Trax - internal fader mod

Hi, is there anyone out there that has successfully added a decent X fader inside the handy trax? In the same place as the existing fader.

I was hoping to add in an innofader mini.

It would be great if someone could share their knowledge. Thanks

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

I've only ever modded PT-01s. If you live in the UK and are up for paying postage and parts cost I'll attempt to mod your handytrax so I can tell others how to mod theirs, I won't charge labour. That offer is open to anyone else with a handytrax BTW.

• Like 2

While I'm on these forums might as well add something constructive...

Who has a Fader a Dremel with Buffing Polishing/Buffing Disc that wants to get Frankenstein with it?...

Before the Fader Gets installed into a Portable it would be good to Mod the Fader so as to get a Sharp Cut...

1. By removing the Resistance Track with the Polishing Wheel it will smooth it out and

minimize the bump at the ends...

The trick will be to not remove to much of the trace on the ends, a small piece of tape

to block the section we want and keep from going past the sweet spot will do the trick...

2. Or Converting Fader Metal/Contacts andTracks into a Switch ala JDXr Fader...

I was planning on making videos for a bunch of mods but...whoever has the time and tools it's overdue...

Let's get it started....If you convert a High Quality Fader Into a Sharp Cut and install it that will

cure most of the problems...

This would be perfect for those Pro X Fades that are in the wild, those Vestax PCV Faders too.

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

There's one guy who claims to have put one of my nanofader boards in his handytrax along with a mini innofader, but apparently the method is a "secret" despite all my work being totally open.

I'm 99% sure it's just a case of replacing two capacitors on the audio board though, just like on the PT-01. Maybe he'll sue me now for revealing trade secrets, hahah.

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

the NMCP Studio guys have a pro x in their handytrax, maybe ask them how they did it?

edit - duh - you asked for it to be in the same place as the original fader.... ignore me

There's one guy who claims to have put one of my nanofader boards in his handytrax along with a mini innofader, but apparently the method is a "secret" despite all my work being totally open.

I'm 99% sure it's just a case of replacing two capacitors on the audio board though, just like on the PT-01. Maybe he'll sue me now for revealing trade secrets, hahah.

:crazy: Edited by Mutis Mayfield

Guest rasteri

I dunno who he is, I can't find him online under the name on his email address. I'm guessing he won't reply to me again after my last email compared him unfavourably to animal feces.

If it does turn out to be as simple as replacing capacitors I'll be even more pissed off since I suggested that to him in the first place.

Honestly, can you imagine where the scene would be if jazz or flare or qbert kept all their scratches a secret?

the NMCP Studio guys have a pro x in their handytrax, maybe ask them how they did it?

edit - duh - you asked for it to be in the same place as the original fader.... ignore me

I asked them about pressing some records (After asking your advice), and the only reply i got was "What for"

They have never replied since hahaha

Thanks again. Re doing a circuit board is about 9 times out of my skill zone.

It seemed like a good home brew modding scene had grown via portablism.

At least the first new product has been developed by numark with scratching in mind. Not sure about the short fader, but maybe it will be good. I'll just get one of those instead of mastering electronics.

he won't reply to me again after my last email compared him unfavourably to animal feces.

Ha! Well atleast you gave him some poo animal jibe, fucking right an all.

What a small minded twat and yeah like you say where would scratching be if it didn't drop the oh so pointless siege mentality.

I've only seen one bloke on FB that's modded a mini inno in his handytraxx, he's gonna get trolled hard if it can be confirmed that he's the turd in the punch bowl

• 4 weeks later...

"Ricky Jay Jordan" on Facebook is the guy who's done a load of mods on a handytrax including swapping fader for a crossfader. I have no idea if he was the aforementioned animal faeces guy though. He's a big fan of my beats and has done his bit to spread them around over the pond so we genrally only say nice things to each other...

As much as i'd like to keep it that way, I am still The Lord and as such I both giveth and taketh away :d

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Nah, i will keep the fucker O spec if you have already worked it out, easier to just wait for the updated mini and stick it in a PT scratch to go with my Nano Ion hahaha

I have a couple bits for you to repair later down the road when you have more free time anyway, you can knock a pound off hah

Haha that's my video :) I modded Brace's Handytrax for him.Flex if you wanna send your HT to me I'd be happy to mod it, I owe you a favour anyway.

Rasteri would you be willing to let me know how you installed the innofader inside of the Handytrax?

I emailed Eliot Marx at innofader and he was saying he would have to reprogram the mini innofader in order for it to function inside the HT

Guest rasteri

Rasteri would you be willing to let me know how you installed the innofader inside of the Handytrax?

I emailed Eliot Marx at innofader and he was saying he would have to reprogram the mini innofader in order for it to function inside the HT

You can do it with a nanofader, I don't sell them but a bunch of people do.

TBH though if you want a portable turntable just get a pt-01scratch and put an innofader in it, it's much easier and you can sell the HT used for way more than the PT-01scratch is new.

• Like 1