Beat Battle beats archive

Although it's technically possible to trawl through the battle archives, it's a bit of a pain. So it was sensibly suggested that we have one pinned thread here where anybody is welcome to repost their old beat battle beats. Well... the ones you still like anyway.

So get posting and keep adding your newer ones too as you make them.

• Like 2

Here are some of my entries.

^^This was one of my favorite entries.

^^I hated this one but think it's the only battle I've won so guess I have to post it lol

• Like 2

My first ever battle entry was this one which I made on a crazy,hot summer weekend in a 3 day recording frenzy on some borrowed equipment while drinking like a fish and getting totally bake faced.

I would like to re-do this one at some point with a different set of samples for the drums which I was never completely satisfied with.

This was a lot of fun to record.I'd only had the SP 404 for a short time at this stage,around a month or so but I was really impressed by the possibilities of what the machine could do especially its resampling capabilities which is how this track was mostly put together.

I've got some left over unfinished things from the battles I didn't manage to enter and it would be cool to get them completed at some point.

• Like 1

i think we should make an album and put it on bandcamp.....

I know, I know. I should've done something about this by now. All that's holding me back is zero knowledge of Bandcamp (not a real problem), an inability to produce any required artwork and just that there's so damn many of them now I don't even know where to begin!

Guest Symatic

bandcamp - easy peasy, also happy to do it on cnp if people are feeling that idea, no worries if we wanna keep it separate.

artwork.... obviously a picture of mo's chest hair

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, Phology said:

Are the beat battles still a thing? I would be down for getting involved again!

Unfortunately, no they're not. It would be great if someone wanted to run the beat battles again. Any takers?

• 1 month later...

I'd be happy to organize another battle at some point.

It's been way too long, especially  my own participation in one .. probably about time we did another if peeps are up for doing them again on here.   

• Like 2