BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - F@*&ing Sacrilege Part Deux

DJ Rock Well

Yep, after the horrors of the CD based Delfonics battle, I'm going their again :d

Yes, it's a CD but when I found this at work it was too good not to share... and if I'm sharing we might as well battle! Plus you guys love the obvious shizz :p

It's an early 90s Polydor anthology of James Brown/JBs instrumentals from 1960-69. Of course there's some really well known tracks here, but there's plenty of lesser known ones too. If nothing else, here's a lovely set of JBs tracks for your hard drives.

meXU1g0.jpg

Hdw3RUB.jpg

The wavs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iizlg6o5sfonswe/JBs%2060-69.zip?dl=0

As usual, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audio files provided above. You can add any other sounds, samples, instruments, cuts, vocals, etc. The final result can be any style, medium or genre you like.

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be the end of Tuesday, 23rd January.

• Like 3

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Dope, dope, dope on the D/L now damn I'm going to be dancing more then sampling :d Hold it! I'm down to get funky with the drummer in my hot pants while eating soul food!

• Like 1

I finally gave this CD a full listen last night and there's some proper gems. I didn't realise how few tracks I knew or that Funky Drummer was 9:30 mins original 'tambourine mix'!

FWIW back in the day I had that intro to In The Middke on loop on my trusty RC-20XL and it's was like reacquainting yourself with an old friend :)

• Like 1

Hahahaha.

"This is a man's world"!@ 03.28

Papa's obviously got a brand new bag of charlie here.

That little nose wipe at the beginning :(( 'Living in Ameeeeeerica!' Someone's gotta sample something from this.

Guest Symatic

yeah that interview is classic. that's how you fuckin roll on TV hahaha.

this comp is great, nice one rocky, beat juggles all over the maaaafk. the noise at the beginning of Popcorn is wicked, sampled on underwater love i tihnk.... the full soul pride is awesome and that tamborine mix is hilarious.... is it the tamborines from a completely different track???? i can see why they took em out haha

• Like 2

I have nothing for this one I'm afraid.

Well I do but its a 27 minute long E.P. I've spent all of my spare time working on this month and it's left over from the Willie Dynamite battle hahaha

I was almost tempted to sample a hi hat or a horn stab from the James Brown CD to add to it and stick it in as my entry just for a laugh..

Then again ,maybe not.. :|