BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - A fucking CD!

DJ Rock Well

Yeah, I went there! Hate me now :d

First a draw in the last one, now this, it's almost as though keeping it real means nothing to me anymore. Worst of all I don't even own this CD, I've just borrowed it from work for an illicit rip before putting it back tomorrow!

There's method to my madness though. Psyche asked if there was any chance of doing a classic soul album for this one and as I've got loads of those it seemed like a plan. The trouble was I'd been listening to a Delfonics greatest hits comp all week at work thinking how many tracks had been flipped or deserved to be, so when I was going through records for this battle all I could think is that this CD would make a better battle. I've even got a Delfonics comp on LP but it doesn't have half the good tracks on it, so...

Here's the wavs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocg2430h5jku6x9/The%20Delfonics%20-%20Definitive%20Collection.zip?dl=0

As usual, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audio files provided above. You can add any other sounds, samples, instruments, cuts, vocals, etc. The final result can be any style, medium or genre you like.

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be the end of Wednesday, 30th August.

• Like 2

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Nice one Rocky!

Spooky was listening the best of The Delfonics comp at work today, So a bloody good choice there Rocky but I guess I will have to turn a blind eye to the CD part :d

On the D/L now and hopefully will bust my new toy out for the battle :wub:

Looking forward to hearing what everyone comes up with :8

• Like 1

On the D/L now and hopefully will bust my new toy out for the battle :wub:

What's your new toy Psyche?!

Your just have to wait and see Broma ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Shame I haven't had as much time as I hoped to this month to get on and learn my new beat making toy, so as normal, all chopped, produced and half assed mixed on the MPC 2500 :d

With all the super dope Scratch Blast Tour action going on at the moment, it was only right to dedicate this months beat to the cause :8

https://soundcloud.com/psychedelic_schizophrenic/community-blast-your-motherfking-ass-tour

• Like 2

I've more or less finished mine plus I got to use two Sp-404's again for the battle.. :d

Will post up in the next couple of days but I don't mind waiting if other people need some extra time to complete their mix.

• Like 2