BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Camille 2000

DJ Rock Well

I've settled on this record this time round because...

I picked it up years ago for samples, never used it, recently found it was selling on discogs for a good price, thought I should probably record it before flogging it and if I'm gonna bother doing that (4 bloody sides), I might as well make it the next battle!

Some 1970 Italian B-Movie business from Piero Piccioni, the cover and title suggest some of futuristic sex shenanigans, but that's just a guess.

Some of this is a bit 'loungey' for my tastes, but there's many snippets here and there that are decent for sampling IMO.

The wavs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0j3zh3s04cn74b/camille%202000%20Samples.zip?dl=0

As usual, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audio files provided above. You can add any other sounds, samples, instruments, cuts, vocals, etc. The final result can be any style, medium or genre you like.

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be the end of Tuesday, 16th May.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

On the D/L now, looking forward to getting something together and submitting an entry this month :8

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not gonna be able to get involved in this one i'm afraid,which is a shame because the sample source is an excellent choice

Unfortunately, realms and realms of paperwork,which have now accumulated into a mountain as far as the eye can see await me everyday at work for the next seven weeks.

So that,along with my shitty anti social afternoon shift patterns which i mistakenly thought would be a good idea at the time when i somehow agreed to do them instead of shouting at the management, "bollocks to your authority, there's a D.V. beat battle going down and it just happens to be Piero Piccioni this month you tossers" ..is the reason why i can't take part.. :|

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Just peeps the entries, some real nice vibes and flips from Flex, Wax On And Rockwell :8.

Looking forward to the Doob & Fayc bromance track :wub: entitled "Shirts off, Pants Down" taken from their forthcoming E.P "As Nudey As They Wanna Be" :d

Another week on the deadline, get on it Dan :8.... Tell work to fuck off :d

• Like 1

Haha cheers bro. I enjoy making shit like that a bit more now...when I make hip hop beats I'm always trying to imitate somebody, be it premo, Madlib whoever, but with stuff like this I don't have that.

Well i spent an hour on it, but i'm tired as fuck from 6 12 hour night shifts, wont get anymore time to work on one this month, so you have this dirty little sack....

Wicked tune Flex

• Like 1