SUPER SCRATCH SATURDAY BRISTOL 2015

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

greetings scratch enthusiasts!

so we're doing another SSS in Bristol.

30th May, Maggie Scratchers record Shop, followed by more at The Farm pub.

SSS style in the day, followed by a bit of showcasing and a battle in the pub later.

(no doubt followed by more cuts at my house later)

I've managed to sort some prizes for the Battle, a Frisk Fader, some dope Cartridge Cases, (both courtesy of Scratch Pro Audio) and some Cut N Paste Records goodies too (tee shirts, records, stickers).

I'm looking to fill a couple of slots for the showcase bit. doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe a little routine, a loop pedal composition, trick mixing, whatever.... just something to give the public something to bounce to :)

can be 10 minutes to an hour long.

I'm gonna mess around on a loop pedal, kut klass is gonna showcase some beats and cuts, couple of other things in the pipeline.... let me know asap though so i can plan it all out.

SSS admin crew get priority on beds/floor at my house. if theres space for more then great, if not, let me know if you need a hand looking for places to stay.

My place is in the BS5 area (Easton) so aim for there roughly.

Flyer on the way, but the details are:

Saturday 30th May

MID DAY - 6PM

Maggie Scratchers record Shop

233a Cheltenham Road, Bristol

8PM - 2AM

the Farm Pub

Watercress Road, Bristol BS2 9YJ

See you there!

• Like 4

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be happy to do short showcase, just some structured mucking about, probs, I'll roll it around and have a think and let you know.

Btw, if u are at sss, u are automatically put in the battle , no excuses, no missing it for romantic dinners ;-p gonna do it csg style, light hearted, no head to heads until the final, no placings or snobbery. Bonus points for being intoxicated and funky.

It's a little know fact that SSS started in 1985 as a choose you own adventure book for girls called "Hunk Quest"

• 2 weeks later...

How near is yours to the town and how near is it to that place we stayed last time? People won't want to sleep in the same room as my hard snoring asssss.

Guest Symatic

im in a totally different bit of town now....

I'm in BS5, and the gig is on Cheltenham Road, and then The Farm on Hopetoun road. that link i've posted is for a airbnb house thats kinda in the middle of all three.

I don't know man, this one seems used and everyone knows you don't really scratch much.

I'll have to check it for hand-druff/finger prints/ semen analysis just to be sure.

I lost a record. Grass hopper breaks 3. The blue one I think. It has a round anyforty sticker on it...