DV Willie Dynamite Sample Challenge - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

Who's the winner?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Symatic
    • Diggla
    • Broma
    • Rock Well
    • Psychedelic Schizophrenic
    • Danswift
    • Phonetic

Guest Symatic

Dan bosses it once again.... but some wicked entries as usual and shouts to broma for switching up the style in the face of certain doom :)

• Like 1

Symatic really provides a turntable journey. Love this.

Broma's is a gem. Such a unique flip.

Rock's is so damn funky. I love it.

Psychedelic's is so timeless. Really nice summer cruising sound.

As always Dan's is crazy. Like a Liquid Sky breakdown or something I'd expect from LTJ Bukem.

Phonetic sound like some dark 90s head nodder... like some of Dre's darker beats with a little Greyboy vibe. Can really vibe to it. Reminds me of Cypress Temples of Boom III.

• Like 2

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Had a quick scoot through and everyone did a wicked job on the flip, will be another tough one again :8

Psychedelic's is so timeless. Really nice summer cruising sound.

Thanks Dirk was aiming for a smooth 90s cruising in ya jeep sound :8 I'm really enjoying the MPC 2000 especially the filter mode :wub: I'm looking forward to learning more tricks and shortcuts to aid my workflow :8

• Like 2

shouts to broma for switching up the style in the face of certain doom :)

Hahaha, thanks man.

Broma's is a gem. Such a unique flip.

Cheers for the kind words man. It just kinda happened this way. Kick, kick, kick, smash, kick etc. Was fun to make, and quick which these battles are so great for. Props to Rocky as per usual for providing the inspiration... I'm just sorry guys for the outcome of mine :((

it's another super toughie to call. Everyone is super strong. Sy's is seriously super creative and just listening without watching the vid stands as such a solid production in itself, technical wizardry aside. Diggz and Rocky on some B-Boy styles really made me smile. Psych and Phonetic with the head nod vibes and Dan with the... Dan vibes. Proper unique, funky odyssey. It's gotta be Dan for me!

• Like 1

Wow dudes. Phonetic and Danswift murdered it but everybody's beat was genuinely nice as hell.

Sy, I'm convinced you would love a fretless fader setup. Being able to have those notes easily locked in would make your life a lot easier. It's too bad C1s are such a bitch to find.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Everyone did a wicked job on flipping the sample material for this months battle! It came down to choosing between Symatic, Rockwell and Dan Swift for my vote, with the smidgen of the thickness of a atom and with hardly anything to separate them I went for Dan Swift, just purely on the head nodding factor.

Congrats Dan :8

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Wow dudes. Phonetic and Danswift murdered it but everybody's beat was genuinely nice as hell.

Sy, I'm convinced you would love a fretless fader setup. Being able to have those notes easily locked in would make your life a lot easier. It's too bad C1s are such a bitch to find.

yeah i've messed around on a couple of fretless fader setups..... its cool but far too expensive a setup for me.

I have a midi mod for my technics, which is fun despite the slower glide time. theres part of me that thinks "if someoen can play a theramin, or a fretless instrument, or a trombone or whatever, then you must be able to play notes on a vestax 2000.... I've got a few basic concepts down that need some more work, in terms of learning where the notes will fall, but its hard not to make it sound like a horrible noise hahaha

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

:(( :(( :(( Dan's write up is epic!

Yeah it's weird this one has so few votes!

maybe everyone's listening to commercial hip hop or watching starwars so they have something to complain about :)

• Like 1

Its a fucking disgrace that more people don't vote in these beat battles.

I say let the great unwashed public decide the outcome of these events in future.

If all the people who entered can't be arsed, I'm not really sure the general public are gonna be any more enthused!

• Like 1

I was presuming that the members who actually entered,have all cast a vote but looking through the thread I don't think Phonetic has yet.

It's still a disgrace that more members don't bother listening or voting though whichever way you wanna slice it in my opinion.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm moaning and being bitchy here but it pisses me off slightly that the people who enter these battles and put in the time and effort to create something don't always get the credit that I think they deserve.

I've always thought this btw,well before I ever took part in any of the battles myself, which was something I had no intention of doing until Rock Well 'forced' me to..by deciding to pick Bob James 'One' as the challenge !

Maybe I'm just being too sensitive but I think the work people do for these challenges is woefully under appreciated at times and speaking solely for myself here,I would never submit a piece I've worked on that I didn't believe in.I just couldn't do it but hey,that's how it is for me personally when it comes to my own stuff.

I'm certainly not singling out anyone in particular at all,i just think its a shame that a Hip Hop/scratch forum with as many members as this gets around 10 member votes for it's only (usual) monthly battle.

I dunno,maybe we all suck at making beats but don't realise it and that's why hardly anyone votes!