12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Flexinoodle
    • Diggla
    • Symatic
    • Rock Well
    • Pete Sasqwax

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I voted for Diggla, but would have voted for Rocky if he'd remembered to play the track at 45 not 33 1/3 <winky>

• Like 2

post-3489-0-25419100-1491743516_thumb.jpg

As I stated elsewhere my self appointed 'Ultimate 80's Chick' has insisted on being in charge of the vote for this particular challenge due to the source material and so after countless white wine spritzer induced tears, some completely over the top histrionic tantrums,various costume changes and plates of steaming hot chinese food being hurled across the room Mrs D has eventually sat down to judge the tracks from the beat battle with her glass refreshed with Blue Nun liebfraumilch -a ten pack of Embassy Regal cigs and an open mind.

She actually took it all rather seriously in fact and even made some little notes on each of the mixes in an A4 pad which I thought was pretty hilarious.

(Quote from notebook )
Flexinoodle- ''this is great, like the theme from a mad 80's driving videogame,wouldn't play in car tho,could be tempted to kill pedestrians" ! :p

In the end it was a super close ('you can) call me Al' between Rockford Files Well and Syvestax Stallone with the final choice going to The Real Rocklobster's track as her own personal favourite.
the ''cool combination of the beats and bassline that takes you right back !'' being' The Ultimate's' critical deciding factor here and in turn scoring the mix a perfect N-N-N-Nineteen. :((

Rock-your pair of silver sparkly pre-worn legwarmers are in the post.

Everyone else gets the signed Jimmy Somerville skipless 7 inch picture disc.

Good fun battle this time round and I thought that everyone did a great job using the samples provided.

Hopefully i'll be back in myself for the next one !

• Like 2

Flexie's is rad. Reminds me of The Prodigy or Crystal Method. Really loved the nodder breakbeat feel.

Symatic's is so eerie. Would be great in a horror movie. Feels like a Swamp beat to me. I like when it really takes off towards the end.

Rock Well is such a nice head nodder and to me feels like a straight up Depeche Mode hit in the making. Really love the strong 80s club feel.

Pete had me waiting for Roger Waters to kick in with a rendition of In the Flesh or some other track from The Wall. So much slower than the other entries but very rich sound.

All are great like every month but for me it was flexienoodle taking me back to a sound I will always love.

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

Pete had me waiting for Roger Waters to kick in with a rendition of In the Flesh or some other track from The Wall. So much slower than the other entries but very rich sound.

Could not be happier with that - cheers Dirk!

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Really dope stuff fellas and all super dope entries. Again it was all super close as always but my vote went to Flex this month as I really loved the breakbeat style vibe :8

• Like 1