Accessing Inside The Rails On A Focus Fader V2?

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the black horseshoe type brackets (Has probably got a proper name but I can't find what it is) on the end of the outside of the rails on a focus fader version 2? I'm trying to access inside both rails so I can put a little rubber o-ring on each end of the rail so it quieter when cutting at unsocial hours etc. Here's a few photos of the horseshoe type bracket (Sorry if the quality is a bit cack, my iPhone camera is shot).

Thanks in advance people :)

Yo ! I had the exactly same "E-Clips" (I call'em that way) on my vestax samuraï fader. I believe there is a specific claw to remove them but I used to use a long nose plier to spread them, and it worked perfectly well. Only advice I have would give you is to make sure they don't jump off the rail cause they can be really hard to find afterwards ;)

In order to do that I used a small piece of tape so at least they would remain sticked to it. To put them back on you will only have to push them in again (with strength cause they're not easy to bend). If it's not clear for you I'll put some photos of the procedure with my Vestax.

• Like 1

Lol Rasteri and many thanks Nejo, I will give it go over the weekend if I get stuck I will kindly take your offer up on photos of the procedure you use with your Vestax fader :)

Unfortunately I didn't get chance over the weekend Nejo, hoping to tackle it at some point this week :)

Ok so I had a good go this afternoon and I just can't get the clip to spread open to remove, gave up before I smashed the shit out of it with a sledgehammer, if you can send me a quick video edit or photos of what I'm doing wrong Nejo, it would be appreciated mate :)

• Like 1

Used to have these things on loads of RC cars when i was younger, heres the trick

Build a catch zone in the corner of two walls with a hoodie or something

Put a small screw driver in the opposite end to the clip opening

Lever the screwdriver against the rail end so that it flicks the clip off (I would suggest wearing glasses just in case haha)

That bastard should fly straight off now in to the hoodie

• Like 1

Ok Schizo here's a dropbox link with videos of me demonstrating you how I do it. If you have any questions do not hesitate. I have to say that with time, my clips loosened a little bit but I remember having to push hard when I first opened the mixer. Hope it goes well for you with the video example.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9l9zx2vt9ykra13/AACAjktVilp2TBG-JOivgX-ia?dl=0

• Like 1

Cheers for the advice Flex and many thanks for the video Nejo, will give it a go this week :8

• Like 1