alternatives to technics in 2018

Wax On

Guest Symatic

budget option : vestax on ebay

luxury option : technics on ebay

must-be-new option: stanton

if-you-can-find-some option: numark ttx

damn..... that sucks. what are we all gonna put our Phases on?

• Like 3

I´m using some tables from a company named SYNQ (from Belgium if I remember correctly), model is X-TRM 1. Basically the same as the Stanton ones just looking slighty different. Bought them used on ebay for about 350€ the pair and they´re rock solid. Had Numark TTX before but they all stopped working one after the other (4 in total) while the SYNQ still works like on day one. Would buy them any time again.

• Like 1

You forgot one...

You're a massive cunt who will pay more for an identical product with a cooler brand name option: Pioneer.

That's what I want. To match my 909. I fell like only Gizmo will understand.

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

My opinions on new turntables :

The Reloop RP-7000 is probably the one to go for. I've recommended it to tons of mates and everyone seems happy so far. It's reasonably priced and has adjustable torque so you can make it feel like a Technics, which some people like.

There's also the Audio Technica AT-LP1240USB which may be cheaper in some markets (not the UK unfortunately). Not as good as the reloop though, no adjustable torque.

The Stanton ST.150 looks nice but is a bit too expensive for what it is IMO. If you insist on spending ~500 notes you'd be better off getting the Reloop RP-8000 which has MIDI cue buttons and adjustable torque.

Wildcard option is the Numark NTX1000 which looks great on paper and is currently the cheapest "proper" turntable on the market but I've never used one. If it's good then it might be my new recommendation.

Guest Symatic

I've not tried many reloops, but the ones i tried had s-arms, which wobbled all over the place, same as the mixars decks. with a straight arm it might be better.

the stantons seem to have a heavier platter which is possibly why they handle ultrapitch better - mixars and pioneers do this kind of "seeking" thing at -50% which makes stabs come out all different pitches.

would be interesting to see if those SYNQ onese have been modded from the Hanpin OEM design to sort out the seeking issue.....

True story: buying a Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 is a DJ's first step to getting a stylist.

Yeah !

I can't wait to see Dubba rocking up in a zoot suit and matching pork pie hat with a pimped out PT-01 under his arm to SSS one day.

And yes...you'll all be jealous as fuck .g9QC5P6.gif

Paul ,you now owe me £133.47 pence for my stylist agency fees btw.

Sorry, no cheques accepted..cash only please .

All the rest of you scruffs can follow me on Twitter & Instagram.

#FromTramps2Vamps

KIFBdz6.jpg

This post was sponsored by The Leather Gasmask Corporation ®

• Like 1

True story: buying a Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 is a DJ's first step to getting a stylist.

Yeah !

I can't wait to see Dubba rocking up in a zoot suit and matching pork pie hat with a pimped out PT-01 under his arm to SSS one day.

And yes...you'll all be jealous as fuck .g9QC5P6.gif

Paul ,you now owe me £133.47 pence for my stylist agency fees btw.

Sorry, no cheques accepted..cash only please .

All the rest of you scruffs can follow me on Twitter & Instagram.

#FromTramps2Vamps

KIFBdz6.jpg

This post was sponsored by The Leather Gasmask Corporation ®

Where the fuck is his pelvis !!!!

• Like 1

Where the fuck is his pelvis !!!!

Hahaha

Erm...I don't know..

It would take a much braver man than me or quite possibly even you Flex to have a good old rummage and find out exactly where it was..OdkyJfD.gif

• 2 months later...

I've just bought some Reloop RP7000 Mk2's second hand and I am pretty impressed with them so far, feel pretty solid and probably prefer the feel of them over my trusty Vestax PDX 2300's. I should mention that one of the platters has a very slight wobble to it but I've not noticed it effecting the performance yet. Not sure how common this is on other turntables?