The track/sample IDs thread

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#161 Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands
  • Elite Member
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

I've been looking for that forever.  About 3-4 years ago I actually got really close to finding it.  All I could find on youtube was the remixes so I didn't want to take the risk buying the wax without knowing if the original was it.  This last round I went looking again but couldn't even figure out how to find the stuff I was digging up in my old search.  All I could find was some Apex Twin bullshit.  So yeah, props!

haha all i did was ask d himself what the original was. so there you have it. ;)
glad i could help. :)

Thanks and you can tell Dave I've unbanned him from my forums for now but if he pulls anymore shit it's curtains.

your forums????

Monkey-Hands.png

#162 Jam Burglar

Jam Burglar
  • Elite Member
  • 752 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

I've been looking for that forever.  About 3-4 years ago I actually got really close to finding it.  All I could find on youtube was the remixes so I didn't want to take the risk buying the wax without knowing if the original was it.  This last round I went looking again but couldn't even figure out how to find the stuff I was digging up in my old search.  All I could find was some Apex Twin bullshit.  So yeah, props!

haha all i did was ask d himself what the original was. so there you have it. ;)
glad i could help. :)

Thanks and you can tell Dave I've unbanned him from my forums for now but if he pulls anymore shit it's curtains.

your forums????

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic forums.  Dave keeps spamming the place trying to get people to download his "Brony-Pop" mix and showed up a forum-member's house late one night drunk.  I know he means well but he's invading other members' safe spaces.

• danswift likes this

#163 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

LOLZ JB!

I'm sure I remember once reading a post of yours on Skratchlounge where you stated the beef between you and Dave was so real you couldn't even be on the same coast at the same time as each other!

At least I think it was you? If it was I liked you very much from that moment on.

#164 joeClockwork

joeClockwork
  • Elite Member
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:50 AM

The beat itself is on Melo-D's Ultimate Snakes & Cheats battlewax.

Word, I've actually got that one and it's on another break record I have too (maybe the DJ Supreme/aLias record?)  I was trying to find the original source (if there is one).
here you go:

Fuck me. What a joint!

Holy shit. Not even Bitches With Whips prepared me for that. 

#165 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Easy!

I want to resample the vocal stab sample from Boogie Down Productions - South Bronx (the 'h-h-h-h-h-h-hit it' on the intro/chorus ) on an edit I'm working on. Whosampled lists pretty much everything but that sound and it's driving me mad. I'm either after the original track sampled or a clean HQ version of that vocal chop (I imagine it's been on a battle break at some point). Can anyone help? My guess is it's James Brown?

#166 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,409 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

Funky Drummer ain't it? Right before the break.
  • danswift likes this

#167 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

ahhh spot on, cheers dude! I knew it was something obvious but couldn't put my finger on it.

#168 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,409 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

No worries! :)

#169 joeClockwork

joeClockwork
  • Elite Member
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

I've always found that was a weird use of that sample.

Holy shit. Not even Bitches With Whips prepared me for that. 

#170 sqratchsac

sqratchsac

Reformed lurker!

• 75 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

Got some uk white labels that i need id,ing so i recorded video snippets on ipad but have got no idea how to post them on here

Anyone ?

#171 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,409 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:21 AM

Got some uk white labels that i need id,ing so i recorded video snippets on ipad but have got no idea how to post them on here

Anyone ?

Your best bet would probably be to upload them as a single YouTube video and post timestamps so people know where each clip starts.
  • danswift likes this

#172 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,409 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Anyone know what the track is at 16:30 in this?

Sounds like Steady B.

#173 afsd

afsd
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Anyone know what the track is that is played on Episode 3 of Clique (you can watch it on BBC iPlayer) at 20mins 22 secs in, ie. the club scene ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...lique-episode-3

A recorded copy of it is here (for next 30 days only):

https://ufile.io/icoqg

Edited by afsd, 08 June 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#174 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Can anyone I.d. this track ?

I'm trying to help a mate out who wants to buy this record but the label in the video has been covered up secret squirrel style to read 'B.R.T.'

I'm usually pretty good with identifying soul tunes but this one's got me totally stumped .

Steve or Joe maybe ?..
anyone ?

Edit-
The track has been identified and the video deleted.
I've been working on a tune that could possibly use some vocal samples from this record so it's had to quietly disappear hehe.
Symatic on O9 May 2016-08.49 PM said
oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

#175 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,409 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

No idea on that one mate. That's my first time hearing it.

• danswift likes this

#176 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

No worries thanks anyway Steve.

Damn ! you were my last hope lol.

There aren't enough Soul boys on this forum !
Symatic on O9 May 2016-08.49 PM said
oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users