The track/sample IDs thread

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what this house music track is from this 1992 DMC set?.....

I'm trying to help someone ID it. I remember the set as I had the VHS tape, but I was never into house music and have no idea what it is. It samples "Fingerprints" by Stevie Wonder, but searching for songs that sample that hasn't helped.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Anyone know what this house music track is from this 1992 DMC set?.....

I'm trying to help someone ID it. I remember the set as I had the VHS tape, but I was never into house music and have no idea what it is. It samples "Fingerprints" by Stevie Wonder, but searching for songs that sample that hasn't helped.

is it the track from the first set at about 3 mins.? there was no time stamp for me. I'm no help, but in fairness that's quite a hot juggle for 1992!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know this old school hip-hop track (starting at 2:09)?.....

It's the source of the "the unbelievable that's on the cut" sample that's used in this track, starting at 3:45: -

EDIT - I think I've solved this one. I think it's "We Can Do This (Ain't No Half Steppin)" by Majestic Productions.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What does Shaun Ryder say at the start of this video at about 12 seconds in?.....

According to some lyrics sites he says "you go spooky in a band", but there's no way that's it.

Pretty sure he says " I can't see a thing" Steve.

I've got the Pills n Thrills & Bellyaches lp which has the lyrics on it as far as I can remember,I'll dig it out and have a look for you later.

Always liked 'Kinky Afro' personally,top tune.

Edit:

Looked at the record but no lyrics,just track listing and production credits etcetera.

E minor 7 and A7 are the guitar chords though if that's any help although it probably isn't in anyway whatsoever hehe.. :d

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...