Using REX files with Live

My MPK25 arrived today!! I'm just trying to get to grips with it at the moment.

One thing i've noticed is the pads are pretty tough and you have to really hit them to get the sound out. Is there any way to extend the release on the MPK25, so the sound plays through rather than a single short hit?

Also, i'm guna start using Live a lot more now, as it seems to be a much better program for performances. What is the best method of patching drums to the MPK? I have loads of REX files chopped up and wondered if i can use them with Live somehow?

Cheers!

totally agree the pads are pretty tough out the box and i was really suprised, keep smashing em and they wear in. Also go into the global settings and try increasing the pad sensitivity . I tend to use the "full" note button (i thinks its called that , will check when i get home from work) which means you loose all pad velocity and just get top wack hit , which is kinda better than knackering your pads, then i switch it off and go back and do ghost snares/ kicks etc ...

if you want to change the setting for if the pad - "pressed" or "pressed and held down" to play the sample, in Reason it depends on the instrument your using e.g. the redrum player you just need to press, while the NXT you need to press and hold. I haven;t played that much, but you should be able to press the "edit" button, then the pad (to edit that pad) then use your jog weel and < > buttons to edit the midi send settings of the individual pad - pretty annoying as you'll have to do that for each pad individually, but much more customisable than most midi keyboards...