Secret of Mana PS4

Deft

As we all know, all I do now is buy up old games that have been re-done etc. - play them for 5 minutes and then stop. You would think I would have learnt by now.

I spent way too many hours as a 12-13 yr old playing Secret of Mana on the SNES 3-player with my two childhood chums.

Playing this new version is quite weird, as it looks more modern but is essentially the same. Hearing voices for the dialog is a bit unnverving. Strangely it's the souped up music which brings the nostalgia back. I've done a few hours now. Like the SNES version, it will probably be impossible to do whilst relying on the stupid AI of your party (i.e. need real friends).

For £26 it's not a mega bargain.

• Like 1

They have one on iOS too. I bought it. Never played it growing up but a friend kept on and on about how could I have a SNES and not SOM. Anyways, I've played about 5 mins. It's pretty damn boring.

• 1 year later...

I've got serious addiction issues. I've just bought this again on Switch for fucking £35. Though this is Collection of Mana, which includes the sequel which was never previously available outside of Japan.

• Like 1

Haha! Love it. I bought it on my phone and that was plenty. Played for maybe 15 mins but cant bring myself to delete it.

• Like 1

I actually completed the remake on PS4. There's something comforting about completing a game 25 years later. This is the third re-release of it I've bought. First on Wii (basically an emulated thing), PS4 remake and then this bundle. Interested to play the sequel really.

• Like 1