Usernames across various social media platforms

djdiggla

Is it dumb to have the same username on a variety of social media sites? Not that i'm a dick and expect people to DOX me but after this chick got destroyed in r/roastme using the same name as her instagram it made me think of it. Side note is I think it's her real name too.

Here is the roast and her instagram response too. Thinking I might want to delete my reddit account and have a totally different username. What do you guys think? Am I being paranoid? Is this just the down side of being on the interwebs in general?

qhDOiT.png

The only reason I don't use the same name on every site is because of name availability. I get why some people might not want folks to be able to track them across sites but I don't care.

As for that girl, good looking girls always get the most replies by far on /r/RoastMe, but she fucked up by posting loads of replies in her own roast.

I think that so-called "roast" was bullshit though. You know I don't get offended easily and when it comes to roasts, anything goes IMO, but it's supposed to be funny! Lots of the comments in that particular roast, including the most gilded one (23 times, damn!), were just mean-spirited and weren't funny in the slightest IMO.

Yeah good point. I'm hot but not hot enough to stalk. And also true-- a lot of those comments were not funny at all and worst of all LONG. Dude, it's a roast not a speech. I think in part she got it so hard because it was perceived she was looking to boost her instagram profile. Or maybe people were being dicks because she was hotter than any girl they've ever been with and they could.

Guest rasteri

Unless you regularly say things that get the attention of raid-happy troll groups then you're probably fine.

Although there are plenty of random people who have had their lives destroyed just because 4chan was bored that day.