Cueing Options For Vinyl Other Than Headphones ?

danswift

Just wondering if there are any other options out there for cueing records without headphones.

I've got a question from a dude who's a Northern Soul DJ and over the years he has become a little deaf,nothing serious just a tad but sometimes when he's playing out he's finding it a little difficult to know when a records cueing point has hit in the headphones so I was thinking are there any apps that anyone has come across where he could maybe plug his headphone jack into a phone or something similar and spin the record and see visually on a screen where the music begins.

Thanks to anyone in advance who can possibly help him out with this.

Guest Symatic

in a pinch i set the LED EQ's on the mixer to CUE mode to see where the first bit of noise is.... but you can't do much other than that. If you had a music visualiser that read stuff off the line in on the phone/device. or like a spectrum analyser that read the audio input.... .then you could plug headphone out of the mixer into the device input and jsut see what whas going through it... youd see when the tune hits.

or he could use DVS........ my mate used to not be able to mix for shite but put him infront of serato and tell him to use the keyboard to keep the two waveforms in sync and he'd turn into a beast dj :)

• Like 1

If he wanted to keep with the vinyl he could always sticker mark the cue points.

Obviously might not wanna put stickers on your rare northern soul but its an option

Hehe.

Have you not seen the John Manship video I posted last week Phonetic ?

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=40380

Stickers on Northern Soul 45's...Bad,bad,bad !

I'm actually quite surprised that old John is even making any videos at the moment as I would have thought he'd be far too busy kicking his cat through the television screen over missing out on the Frank Wilson 'Do I Love You' acetate record !... :p :p :p

• Like 1

If he wanted to keep with the vinyl he could always sticker mark the cue points.

Obviously might not wanna put stickers on your rare northern soul but its an option

Hehe.

Have you not seen the John Manship video I posted last week Phonetic ?

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=40380

Stickers on Northern Soul 45's...Bad,bad,bad !

I'm actually quite surprised that old John is even making any videos at the moment as I would have thought he'd be far too busy kicking his cat through the television screen over missing out on the Frank Wilson 'Do I Love You' acetate record !... :p :p :p

Haha yeah thought as much

• Like 1