Combo Generator

Sideshow

This is a program I have made (with help from Sigma & the gang) mainly for scratching beginners (like me)

it is similar to the Asis combo generator idea but it uses real scratch samples

At its most basic it will generate a 1 bar combo using whichever scratches you tell it you can do then leave a bar for you to copy, kind of like qbert diy - then generate a new pattern and continue..

More advanced people can use it to q&a using whichever samples they like, or you can just let it come up with combo's to try and copy

It's far easier to use than explain (honest!)

There are 2 downloads, the 1st is the main program and the 2nd is the sample set (made by Sigma)

The program will do nothing without the samples but it is better to separate the downloads

##EDIT##

The downloads are now in the DV Gmail account, see this post:

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/index.php?...indpost&p=35959

##EDIT##

Program

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/dv/apps/co...en/ComboGen.zip

Samples (Sigma)

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/dv/apps/co...maSampleSet.zip

Samples (Dub-Se7en)

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/dv/apps/co...enSampleSet.zip

Basically, just install both files to the recommended folder (if you install the program somewhere else then you'll also need to install the samples to that folder)

You guys that have been running the earlier versions will need to 'remove' then reinstall

Requires DirectX 8 or later

There will be a second set of samples early next week thanks to Dub Se7en

There are a couple of help files with it if you need help understanding the screen

With Sigma's sample set are 5 config files ranging from 'beginner' to 'expert', these are just to show how you can use and change the ini's to suit your needs

New sample sets can be added by anyone - i haven't done a help file to explain that side of it yet though

NOTE - the scratch samples have been named just as a guide and because they need names, the names may be wrong or you might disagree with them but they are not there to definitively say 'This is scratch xyz'

There's probably some other vital info that i forgot so if there are any q's then let me know

Also if there are any bugs etc then let me know and let me know what you think of it

Cheers - thanks Sig!

You can make your own sample sets. It's a bit of a long drawn out process, but if you can be bothered to chop up the samples and create an ini file it can be done.

You can also scroll up and down the list of available scratches and pick out which you want the program to use. That way, you can remove any cuts you can't do, or just focus on certain ones for practicing.

The program is wicked and took a lot of work on Sideshow's part!

it's not hard, just takes quite a bit of time

if you want to make a set then i'll do a lot of the work for you- let me know if you do and i'll let you know the best way

eventually i'll make a help file on how to do it but it will be a while

it's not hard once you understand it though

it's not hard, just takes quite a bit of time

if you want to make a set then i'll do a lot of the work for you- let me know if you do and i'll let you know the best way

eventually i'll make a help file on how to do it but it will be a while

it's not hard once you understand it though

Cool! But let me get in touch with the Prog. first. ;)

This is one of the best things I´ve ever seen! For real!

Very Nice. Much props to you Fellas, Sideshow and Sigma. This is awesome.

Is it just me or do the 1 click flare orbits sounds funny. I dunno.

The scratches might sound different cos people have their own way of doing certain cuts. Also, sometimes the program triggers the cuts at a different time than you are used to, making them sound different to normal. BTW - I'd like to say I did a lot towards this but I really didn't. It's all Sideshow's work apart from the samples.

I'm probably gonna have a go at making my own sample set at some point. The mistake I made here was not to record all the cuts at the same time, hence some are EQed slightly different, louder etc. The actual program itself is spot on.

yeah, everyone will have their own sound, i might have even named some of the scratches incorrectly

and like sig says, when it triggers on the off beat it makes a lot of things sound different and quite often people don't do that themselves, that is one of the good things about its randomness i think

thanks for checking it out though

Yeah, its more likely that my flares sound wrong :-P

I always thought sigmas flares have they own style. Especially his 2 clickers because it sounds twiddle style. I been playin with this thing all day. I say contact CNET or downloads dot com or somebody and start selling this thig.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Did you build this in VB?

This is a program I have made (with help from Sigma & the gang) mainly for scratching beginners (like me)

it is similar to the Asis combo generator idea but it uses real scratch samples

At its most basic it will generate a 1 bar combo using whichever scratches you tell it you can do then leave a bar for you to copy, kind of like qbert diy - then generate a new pattern and continue..

More advanced people can use it to q&a using whichever samples they like, or you can just let it come up with combo's to try and copy

It's far easier to use than explain (honest!)

There are 2 downloads, the 1st is the main program and the 2nd is the sample set (made by Sigma)

The program will do nothing without the samples but it is better to separate the downloads

Program

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/dv/apps/co...en/ComboGen.zip

Samples

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/dv/apps/co...maSampleSet.zip

Basically, just install both files to the recommended folder (if you install the program somewhere else then you'll also need to install the samples to that folder)

You guys that have been running the earlier versions will need to 'remove' then reinstall

Requires DirectX 8 or later

There will be a second set of samples early next week thanks to Dub Se7en

There are a couple of help files with it if you need help understanding the screen

With Sigma's sample set are 5 config files ranging from 'beginner' to 'expert', these are just to show how you can use and change the ini's to suit your needs

New sample sets can be added by anyone - i haven't done a help file to explain that side of it yet though

NOTE - the scratch samples have been named just as a guide and because they need names, the names may be wrong or you might disagree with them but they are not there to definitively say 'This is scratch xyz'

There's probably some other vital info that i forgot so if there are any q's then let me know

Also if there are any bugs etc then let me know and let me know what you think of it

Cheers - thanks Sig!

er.......WOW .......that is the fukk bizznizzell of the fershizzell (mouse talk) :)

a chap on alienz just asked if it was possible to add extra beats the the prog, so in case anyone here is interested now or later i thought i'd post the answer here too...

it is easy to add your own beats

as long as it is 85 bpm (or you've stretched it to 85bpm) then you can put it in the 85bpm folder and edit the 'ini' file at the top and add extra lines

ie, if your beats were called newbeat.wav and newbeat2.wav

edit the ini(s) and add the lines

beat03=newbeat.wav

beat04=newbeat2.wav

etc

Nice one Sig.

You should check out dub's set

They are definitely not for the beginner though

And like before, the naming could be wrong for dubs samples

Big thanks to Dub for helping too, cheers mate

If anyone else wants to make a set then let me know if i can help