SNES Classic Mini

Deft

This is great, wasted the last couple of hours trying to complete Streetfighter, got so much I should be doing right now !

Haha, yeah it only just dawned on me that I've got loads of music projects and house renovation stuff I need to get on with and I've just completely fucked it all by purchasing one of these things!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I used to score off some dudes that played Mario Kart still in about 2004 and was well aware how rubs it looks sadly.

I bought a Retropi cos i couldn't get one of these and i'm pleased that i did. Far better value for bux and was only 70£ and has hella more games than this and from other consoles and the rubs snes controlled too! And it can use an xbox 1 controller!

Yeah one of those would be cool but I think 5000 odd games would be bad news for me, happy with 21 for now that's taking enough of my free time! The mini SNES is kind of cool because of its limitations and the SNES pads I think .

i got a snes mini too!! not actuallly got it out the box yet as my teevee is bust......ugh

i also have a custom built raspberry pi controller / dual arcade stick.....an original mint boxed snes, a boxed 6 button fighter stick for snes, 3 boxed megadrives and about 300 games with a host of game pads, a mega cd, a master system converter, a mint boxed OG gameboy, a gamboy colour and a neo geo pocket colour....

i like to keep my options open. lol

• Like 1

Wow very nice!

Cheers!

Took a while to get there... Prices have sky rocketed since I last bought anything, I'm glad I'm not collecting these days!

I bought Musha Aleste for 50 quid, now goes for about 200, which is crazy. I managed to get most of my megadrive collection from private sellers and also latterly on ebay for about 2 to 3 quid each....some more rare ones, I had to pay a bit more for, obviously. I picked up most of it for next to nothing from 2001 to 2012. Havnt bought anything since I moved country tho.

My snes collection is much smaller, but pretty tight. I've recently pre ordered the snes sf2 cart re release too... Not sure if you have seen that? Looks dope!

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/8/30/16230658/street-fighter-2-snes-cartridge-rerelease-capcom-iam8bit

Hehehe.

I've just showed those photos to my two youngest kids, Ed.

I'm expecting that they'll both finally stop crying in about a fortnight's time or so.

Haha.. I have PLENTY of other collections if you want to continue their anguish...

Lol.

I've noticed that the PS 1 consoles have risen in second hand prices pretty dramatically of late, you could pick up one for about £5 a short while back but every time I see one now they are £20 minimum..i also saw the first PS Crash Bandicoot game the other day in a shop for £28 !

I'm glad I kept the two PS 1 consoles and all of the games I bought for the kids when they were smaller cause I was thinking about just giving them away tbh.

We've got a couple of Dreamcast machines here that are in great condition and the kids absolutely love the games for those and we also grabbed one of the new Sega reissue things and an Atari Flashback for a decent price .

It's great to see the kids getting into the retro side of gaming although I managed to convince my youngest that he definitely needs a PS 4 this Xmas.

The new Red Dead Redemption is coming out next spring...ahem.

Hehehe.

I've just showed those photos to my two youngest kids, Ed.

I'm expecting that they'll both finally stop crying in about a fortnight's time or so.

Haha.. I have PLENTY of other collections if you want to continue their anguish...

Lol.

I've noticed that the PS 1 consoles have risen in second hand prices pretty dramatically of late, you could pick up one for about £5 a short while back but now every time I see one now they are £20 minimum..i also saw the first PS Crash Bandicoot game the other day in a shop for £28 !

I'm glad I kept the two PS 1 consoles and all of the games I bought for the kids when they were smaller cause I was thinking about just giving them away tbh.

We've got a couple of Dreamcast machines here that are in great condition and the kids absolutely love the games for those and we also grabbed one of the new Sega reissue things and an Atari Flashback for a decent price .

It's great to see the kids getting into the retro side of gaming although I managed to convince my youngest that he definitely needs a PS 4 this Xmas.

The new Red Dead Redemption is coming out next spring...ahem.

The dream cast was dope... I never had one as a yout... But it had some decent titles!!

Ps one will likely go the same way as the others over the next few years, prices will rise... Some of then are already going for loads - kula world for one is very expensive already.

Ps one is similar to megadrive in the fact that they have a hard case...snes is a nightmare with card boxes... Hence the price is reflective of that for mint, complete titles.

I have a boxed ps one, no games, as my console was chipped lol.

• Like 1

Holy shit Ed!

I used to have a Megadrive but nowhere near as many games. I didn't spot Robocod in there. That was a good platform game.

That SF2 arcade thing looks dope.

Did anyone manage to get a silly high score on SF2? That would be: lose a round and then get two perfects against all opponents, plus perfects on all bonus rounds.

I speculatively bought some mega drive games and some nostalgic ones a few years ago, theyve doubled in value at least - Im only talking 80 quids worth turning into about 180, but I might do it again. Not sure whether to sell the mega drive games now or wait a bit longer, theyve probably peaked.

I keep meaning to invest in bitcoin too, if Id spent the same money on bitcoin as I did on those games it would have been a payout and a half!!

• Like 1

Holy shit Ed!

I used to have a Megadrive but nowhere near as many games. I didn't spot Robocod in there. That was a good platform game.

That SF2 arcade thing looks dope.

Did anyone manage to get a silly high score on SF2? That would be: lose a round and then get two perfects against all opponents, plus perfects on all bonus rounds.

Robocod is most certainly in my collection... It might not be pictured, but I think it is.

There's a load of games I didn't play first time around that are amazing - rocket knight adventures, ristar and dynamite headdy are all dope platforms which passed me by back in the day. Shinobi 3 is also prob the best platform game ever made imo. If you've not played any of those titles... Crack out an emulator and try them for yourself...

The sf2 stick is a custom built raspberry pi controller with hdmi out. Full on dual set up... Designed the vinyl wrap myself based on the original cabinet. Looks dope

I speculatively bought some mega drive games and some nostalgic ones a few years ago, theyve doubled in value at least - Im only talking 80 quids worth turning into about 180, but I might do it again. Not sure whether to sell the mega drive games now or wait a bit longer, theyve probably peaked.

I keep meaning to invest in bitcoin too, if Id spent the same money on bitcoin as I did on those games it would have been a payout and a half!!

Tell me about it! They've probably peaked, yes... But you never know. Musha and also alien soldier are going for mad dollars - keep going up each time I check... I actually can't warrant spending that sort of money to get those last few games I want... Just seems mad.

I also have a MASSIVE star wars toy collection - had to pay through the nose for a few remaining ones - I have the whole collection bar 4 really rare ones, which again, I refuse to pay for...I've got well over 400 figures, there was only 187 in the whole range, but I've got plenty of duplicates lol

They were worth a bit more than they are now, but I'll still keep hold of them cos I don't think they'll ever drop too far - especially with the release of new movies and spin off's and the like.

I should really document the rest of my collections when I go back to the UK this year... As they're all in storage until I finally can get somewhere to live that's a bit more permanent, but it's cool yo be able to look over them from time to time.