My Sixty Two has suddenly started switching itself off

Guest broke

Guest broke

MAJOR issue... it's been 100% problem-free up until now but then yesterday it started powering off after a couple of minutes.

It's with a technician right now who says all the faders, knobs, ins, outs etc are all fine. Apparently it might be the PSU (I dunno, what am I, a scientist?) or the onboard computer thingy telling it to power off.

See this is why when the wife says I don't need three mixers, I actually do.

Guest rasteri

Rane don't release schematics for their current products (and likely never will now they've been bought by inmusic) so I have no idea what to even look for, sorry.

Guest broke

have you spoken to Rane to try and get some of their sweet sweet cutomer service before it disappears?

The closest I could get was the local distro who also handle the servicing here.

Guest rasteri

Stuff turning off after a couple of minutes makes me think there might be a PTC or PPTC that's tripping slowly due to a failed component elsewhere in the mixer, but there's a million other things it could be.

Guest broke

Thankfully it turned out to be an easier repair than we first thought. "fet and primary stage caps" was the diagnosis. Seems to be working now (touch wood)