The DJ G Smooth miming debacle

Steve

Guest Symatic

I've been trying this but with no luck so far. Anybody got a TTM for the scratch that begins at 24 seconds?

i think its:

• Like 16

lulz sym!!

If Jake didn't call him out his miming ass would be at the Finals. And that fucking clip of him scratching the 'ah yeah'.... wtf.... he might as well have Jesus posed that whole time and used his dick to to transform. Redbull Thre3style was laughable to begin with. The button mashers really put me off and now this.

• Like 1

FREE G SMOOTH! He's going to be the next 4ourstyle champion of the universe!....

Apparently he's going to perform his set live on FB Livestream at 8PM Melbourn time. It doesn't really matter because he already faked the whole thing during the comp. Don't really know what he's trying to prove.

But I'd love to see him do those incredible tazers at the end of the video.

Steve- would you mind if I linked your video on his FB page, I want to reference those tazers so he could perform them live later.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

what is he so happy about?

Da sweet kuts he'z laying down, dude, whaddaya tawkin 'bout?

If i was him i'd say i was doing a satircal performance art about the state of djing.

i don't get this

He might as well of just done the set, he basically did it anyway and surely can't be that sloppy with the sync button on and edited tunes, planned playlist etc?

I'm so confused

we should do a DV miming battle lol

• Like 3

Guest rasteri

I'm more interested in how you set a mixer up so it looks on but does literally nothing. Can you just pass audio straight to the master output?

Well the DJM-S9 has an AUX in so he's either using that or maybe the S9 has a USB endpoint that goes straight to the master out (other mixers certainly do).

Guest broke

Vekked wasn't the first person to call him out on it, but his post certainly would have helped the whole thing go worldwide.

What I don't understand is why G Smooth would need to mine/fake the set. He's been battling for well over ten years and came third in the national DMC final last year using only vinyl.... so G Smooth's history is swell. I haven't read all the posts and replies on FB, so can someone tell me if the judges from the Australian final have made any comment?

• Like 1

What a touchy bunch we are, especially considering it's a tiny niche most people couldn't care less about and there's not even any real money involved.

More highly strung than a bunch of bitchy society wives - I almost expect to get home one day to find my other half watching The Real Housewives of Turntablism.

• Like 5