Craze and Jon1st : Boiler Room 28th March

Jon

Watched it all last night Jon and I couldn't shake the feeling that I was watching one of the greats at the top of their game. You really were that good... I mean all of it, you track selection, cuts, effects, mixing, transitions, the whole lot. Super clean and just so perfectly composed throughout - as the listener, every time I was ready for a switch up it happened and you held my attention throughout. That in particular can be pretty hard to do to me when I'm just sat in my armchair at home with a full length dance floor set that's obviously totally different in intent to a short showcase routine, etc. I thought I'd just watch a bit, but no, an hour later I was still there enjoying what I was listening to and keen to hear what came next.

Yup, couldn't agree more, great see all the work Jon must put in get this level of exposure, go Jon!

Were you turning the gain down / filtering when you put on echo coz it gets too loud Jon? Or just for effect? Or may be I was just imagining shit

yeaah sometimes i twist the filters with the echo on to echo the resonance as an effect. it's quite a dominant resonance on that particular filter setting and makes a nice swooooosh. (you can tone it down on the mixer/in software though).

Ya nice one Jon. Gonna watch it again and see what other little tricks I can steal :p