new iPhone!

Deft

I really don't understand all the fuss about the iPhone because literally everybody i know who has one constantly slags them off then moans like fuck saying that they wished they had never bought the damn thing in the first place .

My wife is a Mac-User since she came to Europe. I enherit her old iPhone, once she gets the newest. To me it don't matter that their OS is different then the others, as I only use it to make phonecalls (fuck going into the internet with these eyecancer-giving devices). When you text and press the space-bar twice, it makes a full-stop. That's the only trick I know...

What I like are the AirPods (bought a pair for the missus). They sound nice when listening to cheesy mp3 via Bluetooth.

• 3 months later...

It's new iPhone day! I think I might get the new iPhone however shit it looks. How's that for careful consumerism. Unless someone can convince me that a new Android phone is coming that will unlock automatically by taking x-rays of my cock.

Also, although I like the idea of a mega screen, I am basically a midget, so how the fuck will I fit a massive phone in my tiny pockets. Bum bag or phone holster?

• Like 1

That's the sort of comment I'd expect from someone not worthy to have an iPhone X. Hopefully with all the face-recognition and AI stuff it will soon be that only the wealthiest and best looking people will be worthy enough to unlock iPhones with their beautiful smiles and credit ratings.

• Like 4

Frankie Boyle nailed it.

"Set your Apple Face ID to your comeface, so that if someone mugs you for your phone they at least have to wank you off first"

I'm wavering a bit in my dream for the new iPhone. Thinking I might as well get a cheap Android and a Rane Twelve instead.

• Like 2

I'm wavering a bit in my dream for the new iPhone. Thinking I might as well get a cheap Android and a Rane Twelve instead.

Chinadroid phones FTW.

My current phone is one of these : https://www.cubot.net/smartphones/dinosaur/

Does everything I need (email, facebook, web, games, etc), battery lasts 4-5 days, dual SIM slots, cost me £65.

• Like 2

Currently on iPhone 6plus, approaching 3 years old but works like new still bar the battery is roughly around 80% of what it was 3 years back. Features wise I don't know what Im missing out on compared with similar priced androids smart phones so its literally jus a couple of key things that keep me an iPhone nob.

Hardware durability, my job is extremely dusty/dirty and can be proper physical, on building site everyday etc..

Camera is pretty shite in low light but Ive yet to see better spec'd android cameras do superior optical stabilisation or decent microphone for filming in extremely loud environments.

My mrs has the iphone7, camera is definitely better but wasn't an upgrade enough from the 6plus so will probably cop the iPhone8 mainly for superior low light filming over my 6plus, not fussed about the measly extra fluff you get on the IphoneX both phones mostly have the same innards.

TBH I'm open to jump ship to android mainly because Im really not that excited by the prospect of loosing jack output but it seems Id have to spend similar money to get similar performance and from listening to friends experience Im unsure if an iPhone alternative would be as durable and have a decent enough mic to capture good recordings in extreme loud environments.

• Like 1

TBH I'm open to jump ship to android mainly because Im really not that excited by the prospect of loosing jack output but it seems Id have to spend similar money to get similar performance and from listening to friends experience Im unsure if an iPhone alternative would be as durable and have a decent enough mic to capture good recordings in extreme loud environments.

^^Totally. I think i have a 6s or 7 and probably done after this model. They take away a jack and still can't add a micro sd card option. Fuck Apple. I love/hate them and their idiot ideas that they force us to accept. If their product didn't work pretty damn well and if I wasn't already entrenched in their world to the point of it being disruptive if I switched... well... I would have already switched.

Chinadroid phones FTW.

My current phone is one of these : https://www.cubot.net/smartphones/dinosaur/

Does everything I need (email, facebook, web, games, etc), battery lasts 4-5 days, dual SIM slots, cost me £65.

Dude, those seem pretty rad. It do like google hangouts and stuff like that too I assume?

• Like 1

Dude, those seem pretty rad. It do like google hangouts and stuff like that too I assume?

Yep, it comes with a more-or-less stock Android, so it has all the google apps. Camera's a bit gash but not too bad really. I love the thing, best phone I ever owned.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

TBH Deft I don't think you can go wrong by choosing a Huawei phone.I've had the Honor 7 for a while now on a contract with 3. It's a really nice device and super easy to use plus it's pretty big which is perfect for me as I can't use poxy little phones properly at all.

I'd definitely recommend having a look at the model you mentioned if you're not fussed about switching over from the

i-Phone.

Im due for an upgrade soon so I might even end up getting the Mate 10 pro myself if it's offered to me by 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as my reviews are much sought after, here is my opinion after 24 hours.

It's somewhat unnerving now having a phone significantly larger than my cock - I didn't really check the dimensions before I ordered it, though I knew it was reasonably large. Being a midget it just about fits in my jeans pocket.

It's USB C connector and no headphone jack, means it won't be quite as easy to find random micro USB chargers that fit when visiting people. I've never actually used my phone much to listen to music, but losing the headphone socket could be aggravating. You get USB C earbud headphones with it (white, what cunt wears white headphones?) and 3.5mm jack adaptor too, plus the rapid charger. I like the USB C connector - like Apple's lightning one it isn't orientation specific, so no more jamming micro USB in the wrong way around and breaking things. Charges up mega quick and battery seems really decent (most of the reviews mention this).

The phone comes with a screen protector laminate thing already on it (like those aftermarket ones). I think this is ok, but it means you feel an edge when swiping at the end of the screen. Kinda ruins the almost edge to edge screen experience slightly. You also get a soft clear backed case to put the phone in with it too, so it's protected straight out the box whilst you decide on an amazing case to buy.

Going from pure Android to Huawei EMUI is ok, mostly feels the same but with some Huawei apps. I'm not massively into customising homescreens and stuff - it has a couple of options, every app as an icon (Apple style) or the usual Android app drawer thing. I suppose all these companies feel they need to add their branding and flavours of apps. So far it seems ok, but like all these things once you have started using Google Music or Google Photos, then your phone tries to default to something else or tries to sign you up for Huawei cloud. I'm trying to figure out a smart way of getting my iTunes library on there now that I have enough storage (128 GB).

Super widescreen screen is alright, though there are few apps that aren't really optimised for it, so you get some warnings and options for full screen mode.

The notable thing for me moving from my ancient Nexus 4 is the quality of the camera. The portrait mode for selfies makes me look super gorgeous with bright red luscious lips. Mmmm yummy.

Happy with it so far, definitely feels like a premium phone - though for £699 it fucking should do!

I just suggest iPhone (or iDevices) if the user needs all the audiovisual apps for living (more or less for the mac) but with the lately movements (price, target, improvements...) I’m starting considering go for dedicated hardware (sampler and so) or old mac ducktaped to a controller. I always buy the nearest to discontinnued ones (aka iPhone 5s atm, SE maybe the next and so...) since I don’t like to carry a bag for my phone. Call me weirdo but I like to carry these on my pocket. lol

Anyways when my actual phone get laggy as fuck (by OS update) I will check the market at that moment and choose. The old will enter in my collection of “iOS embed pseudo dedicated hardware” (like my iPhone 4) and keep going until Apple lost completely their minds. Then them will become just another luxury phone brand without any differentiation value.

So let me get this straight Deft, you spent £700 on something called a Whoarewe Mate 10 because Danswift told you to? ;)

Bloody phones. My contract is almost up and I don't know what to do myself TBH. I've always had iPhones in the past but I like the newer ones less and less. Partly because my current 6 does everything I could want it to besides it measly 16gb storage. What I really need is the phone I have in newer condition for less money each month but the nature of phone contract deals seems to penalise my desires to the point that you're pushed towards the newer hardware as it's little more monthly. I've seriously considered moving away from Apple as IMO they are no longer the company they used to be, but rival brand's products are similarly priced and I can't be arsed to learn a new system really.