Photo

Bouncy fader when beat juggling

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 adz_rolls

adz_rolls
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

Does anyone else struggle with the fader bouncing back when cutting from side to side so it's not fully muting out the sound on one of the decks? Or do I just need to be less shit and more careful? Seems like if my fader was a bit stiffer I wouldn't have this issue, but then that would be shit for scratching!

Edited by adz_rolls, 05 October 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#2 rasteri

rasteri
  • Elite Member
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Yeah I used to have that problem when I first started juggling but not anymore. I dunno if my technique got better or I just switched to a shitter fader or what.

• adz_rolls likes this

#3 Symatic

Symatic
  • Elite Member
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

yeah its a catch 27 situation.... i like a sliiiight bouncyness for scratching but its too much for juggling.....

one possible solution - man the fugg up and learn to cut on upfaders and rusty crossfaders, this ain't prince!

another possible solution - find the right balance of bounce vs not-too-much-luuuuuuuube

• adz_rolls likes this

#4 Vekked

Vekked

BANNED!

• Elite Member
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

Does anyone else struggle with the fader bouncing back when cutting from side to side so it's not fully muting out the sound on one of the decks? Or do I just need to be less shit and more careful? Seems like if my fader was a bit stiffer I wouldn't have this issue, but then that would be shit for scratching!

It's likely technique, you shouldn't be tossing/bouncing the faders so much as guiding them to the side and letting go. If your faders are insanely tight cut-in and insanely loose, it could be the faders, but it depends how much success you've had juggling on other mixers/faders to know.
  • adz_rolls likes this

Jimmy: (28 February 2013 - 06:26 AM) you really need to up your game now vekked. Jimmy: (28 February 2013 - 06:26 AM) set fire to tony prince or something this year.

#5 adz_rolls

adz_rolls
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

Cheers for the comments. From what Vekked said I think my technique needs some work, I'm definitely doing too much tossing at the moment.......

• danswift likes this

#6 joeClockwork

joeClockwork
  • Elite Member
  • 739 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

Sounds like it could be both a technique and a fader issue. It could be the way you're taking your hand off the fader when you switch sides. You could be knocking it into the middle by accident.

Try juggling on a different mixer and see what happens... and clean your fader... and stop tossing ;)

• JHouse likes this

Holy shit. Not even Bitches With Whips prepared me for that. 

#7 Symatic

Symatic
  • Elite Member
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

Fanny toss
  • DJ Rock Well likes this

#8 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

yeah, as others have said - is it the same on other mixers? if so it might be a technique - you might be pushing/tossing the fader too hard

#9 x2k

x2k

sourpuss

• Elite Member
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

It seems everyone here has had the experience of tossing too hard at some point.

• adz_rolls likes this

Angela is LMAO after witnessing Tom buying a basket full of lemons in tescos! :d

Posted Image
MySpace | Facebook | SoundCloud | AIM: x2kmusic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users