And the winner of the Bob James beat battle is...

DJ Rock Well

Im more than happy to share the win with Broma seeing as we were both popping our battle cherries at the ssme time but tbh im just stoked that peeps liked my track enough to vote for it in the first place... :d

For myself this has been such a wicked thing to be able to participate in at last and im 100 % up for the next one

Gotta say everyone made something really cool from the source material and it really does show that nothings totally rinsed even when you think its been used and abused like Bob James One has-.. so props to everyone who entered on that score, i really was suprised by the sheer inventiveness of these mixes at times

Big thanks to my boy Alecs for the loan of the samplers and helping me out with the mix and sorting my Soundcloud thingy also

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

congrats dudes! well deserved, although i do think you should be made to determine a true winner through a bi-weekly competitive octopus racing tournament or a knock-out round of ro-sham-bo

• Like 3

Joint winners! Wow. All the beats were on point but those two tracks were particularly on point. Really difficult to pick one.

• Like 2

Bravo! This was my favourite battle yet.

+1 on what Dan said about pulling fresh ideas out of otherwise battered material. Maybe the next one should be another LP that has been rinsed. Something like Jack Bruce - Things We Like (doesn't have to be that but you get the idea).

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Congrats to you both Dan & Broma :) It was a really dope round with everyone bringing the heat in their own special style and flavor, everyone one was a winner IMO :8

Not to be all cosmic and shit, but a rinsed to fuck classic LP has just turned up at work. There's only one thing left to do now!

Chop it up fresh :d

• Like 2