In-ear headphones recommends please

joeClockwork

I'm looking for a pair of in-ear headphones between £20 and £30 but I'm completely overwhelmed by the amount of choice out there.

Can anyone recommend me a set that don't fall out of your ears and don't sound shit (i.e. not too bass heavy, distorted, etc). I did have a set of Sennheisers that were quite nice but the treble was a bit harsh.

Obviously I'm not expecting miracles for the budget but if anyone has any tips I'd be grateful.

Thank you!

PS: I didn't know where to put this thread because it's not really DJ related. Let me know if you want me to move it elsewhere.

I pretty much always go for Sennheiser cx 300 ii's

As in i'd say i've had 5 or 6 pairs at least. they normally have a decent guarantee for repairs, but since i've been in argentina the last 5 years i haven't been able to use it so i go through pairs pretty crazily... not due to the quality, more because of the heavy use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463956598&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx300

Currently 27 quid.

The most important thing for me with in ears is that they have an asymmetric cable so they sit round your head when you don't use them, and they're one of the few out there these days. no remote, no fancy shit, but with decent sound quality.

was it these that you had the treble issue?

but would also love to hear anyone else's recommends...

I've got some Shure ones though don't have any experience of other ones. They come with loads of different ear adaptors as you are meant to jam them right into your ear. This tends to make them sound pretty decent but obviously get a bit yucky and waxy over time. I think they were more like £60 but that was about 10 years ago.

I pretty much always go for Sennheiser cx 300 ii's

As in i'd say i've had 5 or 6 pairs at least. they normally have a decent guarantee for repairs, but since i've been in argentina the last 5 years i haven't been able to use it so i go through pairs pretty crazily... not due to the quality, more because of the heavy use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463956598&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx300

Currently 27 quid.

The most important thing for me with in ears is that they have an asymmetric cable so they sit round your head when you don't use them, and they're one of the few out there these days. no remote, no fancy shit, but with decent sound quality.

was it these that you had the treble issue?

but would also love to hear anyone else's recommends...

I think mine were these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-200-Street-Comfortable-Ear-canal/dp/B001EZUQ5E/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics-accessories&srs=1649401031&ie=UTF8&qid=1463987331&sr=1-10

When you remove the silicon ear bud you're left with a sort of gauze. One of them eventually got clogged up with wax and stopped producing any sound so I had to ditch them. It happens with ever pair I get, even though I clean my ears out regularly with cotton buds (something I hate doing). This is why I never spend more than £30 on earphones.

I agree about the hanging around the neck thing. I had a pair of Sony Ericsson headphones and one side was longer than the other, which was ideal.

I've got some Shure ones though don't have any experience of other ones. They come with loads of different ear adaptors as you are meant to jam them right into your ear. This tends to make them sound pretty decent but obviously get a bit yucky and waxy over time. I think they were more like £60 but that was about 10 years ago.

You've just reminded me: I've actually got a pair of SE110s that an old work colleague left in his desk drawer when he resigned. They've got foam earbuds, like actual ear plugs, which are crap. I did have a quick listen and found them to be ruthlessly accurate, like studio monitors.

I might see if I can get a set of buds for them.

one thing i find with the really cheap ones is that if you rub the cable or it touches off your clothing you can hear it conduct through the cable to your ears annoyingly.

i found that with a pair of cheap sonys, but then again for a fiver, fuck it....

I don't bother paying for nice head phones any more. I've found with even the nice one's they break after a while no matter how well I look after them. Either that or I lose them, or one of the ear bud things.

So my £5.79 Sony headphones turned up and one ear gives out more sound than the other. What's really weird is that I ordered a pair of completely different headphones a couple of weeks ago and sent them back because they had the same problem.

I tested both sets these in two different devices, multiple tracks and swapped L and R over, in case it was my hearing. Still the same prob.

However, the Shures work a treat on all devices and tracks so it must be a weird coincidence. No problem, I'll just get some replacement ear buds for the Shures and use them. They can't be that expensive...

http://www.shure.co.uk/products/accessories/easfx1-10

I expect you've all lost interest by now but I'm posting it anyway :p

http://project-extreme.com/headphones/sx550-titanium-headphones.php

Believe it or not but these headphones are great, got a brand new pair from a pal who tested them and love them.

I initially thought they were poo from looking at their webpage but they sound really well rounded,good even bass response great fucking quality.

Their marketing and ads really don't do them justice.

Get the marsh mallows or jellies or whatever they are called in your country, JVC, here in the UK you can buy them in Tescos for £5, they are self insulating, makes them unbeatable for low cost in ears.