Alternative to Nero?

Deft

I've used Nero Burning ROM for as long as I can remember, with a real license - even through the bloatware induced years. However, the cunting thing just served me a sneaky pop-up ad for its Christmas sale so I am going to sack it off.

Any recommendations? Don't mind paying if it is nice, light and reliable. Mostly just burning DVD ISOs nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this is dragging up an old thread but was in the same situation sometime ago, looking for a free alternative so hoping this helps someone else.

This basically looks, feels and works as well as Nero Express with many other features in addition to burning ISOs (burning ripped dvds files etc) without any of the bloat. There is no service that continually runs in the background (like Daemon tools where the last time I had to turn it off from starting up every time by disabling it via msconfig) and i personally prefer the UI over ImgBurn. It doesn't create a virtual drive (so won't show as a useless drive in Explorer which you then have to unmount any ISO you use) and is also available in a portable version so no install required - you can keep and run it from a flashstick or straight folder on your HD somewhere when needed. I've been using it for a few years now and it's my go-to burner. Not installed it for a while so just ensure you read the checkboxes to make sure it doesn't add anything you don't want if you go for the installable option.

http://www.starburnsoftware.com/downloads