Where are you guys sourcing your music these days?

I was using DJ City, however, their preview player sucks, only using seriously compressed files which would fuck up my ears and consequently give me a headache the next day. Seriously dissatisfied with that particular investment. Just a heads up.

I'm feeling the same sort of sentiment. These record pools are far more incomplete than I thought and they take forever to browse.

I'll checkout Bandcamp. In the past I used Amazon when I needed songs for a wedding. It was expensive, but 90% of what I wanted was there.

Mista Ed - I'm into a bit of everything these days, also into a lot of non Hip-Hop as well.

Yeah, bandcamp is dope. Beatport.com is very nice too, but namely for electronic music. I'm really into mainstream, which is why I lean on record pools and even cop CD's off eBay. I tried purchasing mp3's from Amazon, however, they were compressed to shit. It's as if the file was 128k, but then they upped it to 256 or 320k, yet still thin as rice paper. Polishing a turd comes to mindray.

has anyone given the beat junkies record pool a go???

Yeah, I got it the other day to download a load of disco for my mates wedding. It's got a lot of older stuff, Dj friendly edits of a lot of tracks and current mainstream club rap stuff but again it's only scraping the surface . Worth doing s months subscription to fill in any gaps in your collection though

• Like 1

I was using DJ City, however, their preview player sucks, only using seriously compressed files which would fuck up my ears and consequently give me a headache the next day. Seriously dissatisfied with that particular investment. Just a heads up.

If you don't mind me asking. On a scale of 1 to 10 how good is DJ city. I know the things that suck already..from what you mentioned, but i mean overall how would you rate it?

I subscribed to http://barbangerz.com/ for about a month to pick up some edits. Pretty good for the price. Aside from that I mostly get music from various blogs and listening to what is posted on subreddits for that particular music genre. I often use amazon to buy because it's not DRM restricted and you can re-download your purchases if needed. Wish they had more options for sound quality but I prefer that over iTunes.

If you don't mind me asking. On a scale of 1 to 10 how good is DJ city. I know the things that suck already..from what you mentioned, but i mean overall how would you rate it?

Well, I liked the music they had available, just not the preview player. That said, I'd give them a 3 out of 10, but if they upped the player, maybe a 6 outta 10. I really don't trust them though, so would never give them my money again.