Free Reaktor "Buchla" ensemble

Guest petesasqwax

Guest petesasqwax

Download link in video description. The pack also includes a Lemur template - i.e. the one he uses in the video!

Does it sound like a 200e? I have no idea - I've never tried one, but it does make some fantastic sounds
  • Like 1

Discovering there is a Lemur template for this hasn't helped the with the disappointment that my CPU basically crapped its knickers upon trying these patches.

I've gotta have another fiddle and try it with Lemur next time, the template might make it a tad more useable for the likes of me, my computer jus about managed to not pop and crackle on some of the patches.

Guest petesasqwax

I haven't dropped the cash on Lemur yet, but I think it's only a (short) matter of time. What else do you use it with, Paul?

I haven't dropped the cash on Lemur yet, but I think it's only a (short) matter of time. What else do you use it with, Paul?

What do you want to use it with? it can do just about anything you want, making your own templates is easy!

Like the excitable tech hungry child I am I brought it not long after it first came out, made some templates combining Traktor fx and midi note PDX 3000 stuff, played with it for a month or so but haven't really touched it a great deal since.

There's plenty of really good community made templates available alongside the ones that lemur made. There's been times when NI bring out new features for Traktor and not long after a detailed Lemur template comes along which gives pretty good plug play control over new features.

Some of the sequencer templates are really good fun to mess around with, the mono sequencer template with a PDX 3000 was sweet. Pretty sure we hooked up Matts minibrute to a Lemur sequencer to.

Guest petesasqwax

What do you want to use it with? it can do just about anything you want, making your own templates is easy!

Basically, I want to use it with Ableton in order to sequence my analogue synths (which are all nicely MIDI'd up these days!). The idea of using it to mess around with a virtual Buchla is exciting enough it it's own right to make me want to get it, to be honest! Considering the Buchla is free, paying for Lemur seems like a small price to pay for such things :)

Guest petesasqwax

Like the excitable tech hungry child I am I brought it not long after it first came out, made some templates combining Traktor fx and midi note PDX 3000 stuff, played with it for a month or so but haven't really touched it a great deal since.

The only thing that gives me slight pause is that I could get incredibly excited about it now (I already am) but end up not using it a lot, but I don't think that's actually going to be a major problem as I'm really keen to do loads more with the things I have and Lemur seems like an excellent way to do that. The only person I'd really seen using one was EdIT in that documentary that sounds like it could be about Bambaataa but (probably fortunately) isn't at all (something about Perfect Beat)

• Like 1