I just bought...

Guest petesasqwax

Last summer I scored a Technics M5G for $100 and a quarter of dank. I priced it on ebay and noticed it was selling for around $1100 used, so I sold mine, but ended up getting $800 'cause I have low ebay transactions, although a 100% rating. I split the money with the dude who gave it to me mad cheap, then I bailed his 1210's out of pawn for $125 and subsequently got to keep them. These are the tables I've been wanting for ages and I'm very happy with them.

HUGE props all round, man. Nuff karma points plus 1210s and a little loot into the bargain? KILLED IT

• Like 2

I got a broken Ecler 380 for free from the old record shop i used to work in. After 5 years abroad, it had been sitting around doing nothing i decided to get it fixed, cost me 90Euro. Fader is perfect.

Got a RANE 56 for €200 last year

A pair of pdx 2000s also for €200.

Picked up a Vestax 05 PRO, the one with the loop and delay for €50 and stuck one of those cheap pro x faders in. (they sent me 4 prox's when i actually only bought 2, so they were even cheaper!)

I did buy my Pioneer s9 at the peak of the post brexit Sterling-euro rate in my favour. so it was as bargain as you can kinda get...

• Like 2

I did buy my Pioneer s9 at the peak of the post brexit Sterling-euro rate in my favour. so it was as bargain as you can kinda get...

If anyone else looking for a discounted S9 I got £125 off the price at Juno.co.uk by asking for the better price (with a bit of back n forth emails), worth a try!

Last summer I scored a Technics M5G for $100 and a quarter of dank. I priced it on ebay and noticed it was selling for around $1100 used, so I sold mine, but ended up getting $800 'cause I have low ebay transactions, although a 100% rating. I split the money with the dude who gave it to me mad cheap, then I bailed his 1210's out of pawn for $125 and subsequently got to keep them. These are the tables I've been wanting for ages and I'm very happy with them.

HUGE props all round, man. Nuff karma points plus 1210s and a little loot into the bargain? KILLED IT

Thanks Pete, it couldn't have worked out better.

BTW, love reading about all these scores. Incredible deals for good people.

I am right on the edge of buying izotope rx advanced, but I know they're going to do a deal on it as soon as I've gone for it. It's SO expensive, the basic plugin pack is on offer now for about 40 but I need the one with the spectral denoiser which is 350!

350! For a bit of software that brings no joy, just utility! Plus, because it's more of a utility than a production tool they don't have it in a bundle with ozone or neuron, which I'm also kind of intrigued by.

I sort of think of ozone and t-racks and the like in the same vein as they were in the 90s - 'good toys' for getting a master that'll fool you until the novelty wears off... I'm aware that they're pretty shit hot now (maybe not t-tracks?) but also that I could get the same results with the multitude of separate plugins I have, I reckon. Also, I have a crush on u-he and their presswerk plugin is really tempting if I'm going to spend more money on something I don't really need.Theyre all gits.

I'm demoing something called Acon denoiser which is 99 and pretty good, but not as good as the izotope one... I don't know whether it's a waste to spend a still not inconsiderable amount on something worse or just get the best one in the first place...

This post was a lot longer than I originally planned.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

The idea of taking noise away is anathema to me so I can't comment, Chris ;)

I do really like Ozone 7, though. Whilst it's possible to do everything with a plugin chain, the only way I could do that at present is by mastering in a DAW and I don't like doing that so Ozone wins for me. I'm not winning any awards for mastering - it's just something I need to do without having the money to spend on getting somebody else who really knows their shit to do it for me. As a result of that, Ozone is my go-to and I wouldn't really bother with anything else personally.

Arg don't say that, it's on offer! I'll have to demo it tonight and tomorrow and decide.

It's not sweet crackles and dust I'm looking to get rid of, it's shit from a bad room recording for a video. The results are pretty amazing really, not as good as doing it right in the first place but it's a damn sight simpler to do a quick setup and run it through the noise reduction when audio quality isn't the number 1 concern... shit I'm persuading myself!

And I misspoke too - I don't need advanced I just need standard, which is still 350 but the advanced is 1150!!!

I think this started as a 'savvy research found me something as good for a third the price' post to get me in keeping with the topic btw. Oops 🤔

• Like 2

If anyone else looking for a discounted S9 I got £125 off the price at Juno.co.uk by asking for the better price (with a bit of back n forth emails), worth a try!

I actually did the same man, i rang em up.

and i wasn't expecting free delivery to Ireland and they threw that in.

Guest petesasqwax

I know I'm in the wrong saying this, but buying plugins does feel a bit like spending money on imaginary friends.

IF that isn't sig-worthy I don't know what is!

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

It makes me feel like a real grown up though!

I can totally relate to this. Though I have never needed a denoiser so when I feel like buying plugins... I buy guitar pedals ;)

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

I just "bought" an iPad 3 from my wife in return for saying "you know that iPad of yours - if you don't really use it any more, can I have it?" :d

Total cost - 2 x 16GB USB sticks which I paid £3 each for onto which I copied all her photos.

• Like 2

I just "bought" an iPad 3 from my wife in return for saying "you know that iPad of yours - if you don't really use it any more, can I have it?" :d

Total cost - 2 x 16GB USB sticks which I paid £3 each for onto which I copied all her photos.

That's a great idea! My wife has an ipad that's just sitting around so I might start using that and see if she notices.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Years ago I was asked to create a drum pack for Retronyms to use with their Tabletop app... I'm intending on using mine to, amongst other things, finally get to play around with those sounds. As I never had an iPad before, I could never even try them out! iMPC Pro looks impressive too. I may be getting hooked up with a free copy via Retronyms, but if that doesn't happen I would imagine I'll just buy it and have a play around. Looks like fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got this to add to my setup, although I didn't actually have to pay anything for it. Alecs picked three of these S2000's up last year at a cost of £60 for the lot from a studio that was closing down and kindly donated one to me ...finally collected mine this afternoon.. :d

• Like 4

Dan, double check wether it has the 8-Out board or FX board in it - I bought one of these for £17 and got home to find it had both. I auctioned them off seperately making sure to list as MPC parts and got over £200 for them collectively!

Yo ! thanks Rock, I never even thought about doing this.

I'll open it up now and report back !

Update-no 8 outs or fx board in the sampler unfortunately.