Numark PT01 motor noise issue

foongaz

I need some help on this.

I have a PT01 which makes this noise in play. This is not related to the volume knob. It comes out from the internal speaker and from the headphone out / RCA if connected:

(in the video the noise is low so you have to turn the volume up)

I tried to see if it has to do with the battery mod, but connecting it with the AC it gives me another issue:

I really don't know what this issue is and it never bothered me since I wanted to install the ultrapitch mod, which made this noise 10 times louder.

Someone can help?

Numark PT01 USB 2010

Internal Battery Mod

Latching Start Stop Button Mod

Thanx in advance

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the same problem, but a few days ago i bought a new PT01 scratch. So after unpacking, plugging in the dc and listening to a record for the first time over headphones i heard some noise. Funny thing was the noise got louder when i got near the needle like a theremin. Without the headphones over speakers i had to turn up the volume to max and hold my ear on the speaker to hear it, but it was there. As i cut on headphones all the time i thought i had a defective unit and sent it back.

The Shop i got it from ran some test, but couldn't hear anything, but they used a powerbank. After i told them to use the included DC they were able to reproduce this problem even with other and older devices. It seems that the power adapter is creating this noise and probably all units have this. I requested my unit back as i'm going to use it with a powerbank anyways and we all know that numark wont do shit about it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...