Repair DJM-S9 Crossfader

Guest rasteri

Guest rasteri

I had a DJM-S9 through the shop today, and was surprised to see there aren't any crossfader replacement guides on youtube, so I thought I'd make one.

Bonus vid - trying out some finger drumming on the pads. Always wanted to see how suitable they were for drumming but neither of the the two people I know who own an S9 would let me try it (fuck knows why).

I'm probably gonna do another video going into more detail about the magvel fader. Spoiler : it's a massive Rane ripoff.

• Like 6

Guest rasteri

How much are the stem parts out of interest Andy?

The shop gets them for around £45 wholesale, after VAT/shipping/our cut they're closer to £65.

Infinity faders are another option but they're probably >£120 by the time you get them imported.

I'm trying to persuade my boss to buy in bulk and hawk them on ebay, which should bring the price down even more.

How much are the stem parts out of interest Andy?

The shop gets them for around £45 wholesale, after VAT/shipping/our cut they're closer to £65.

Infinity faders are another option but they're probably >£120 by the time you get them imported.

I'm trying to persuade my boss to buy in bulk and hawk them on ebay, which should bring the price down even more.

thanks, good to know there's another option other than the infinity fader (which seems like a great product but waaaaaay too much money).

I remember moaning about the £12 it cost for a new P&G fader stem.....

All the trouble pio went thru designing the nifty p lock cap system but they manufacture the most important piece of the xfade out of inferior metal, derp.

Andy that is some boss level hotcue pad action there dude, kudos! And what the feck is up with dudes you know who own an S9 but won't let you finger bang it, fucking odd.

Guest rasteri

I think they fixed the breakage problem with the newer (DEA1052) revision of the slider. Only time will tell though.