Euro Scratch practice

Dub-Se7en

I don't have a fucking clue. I don't even know if it's a real word. Whether it is, or whether Dub made it up, it could describe the hyper-fast sets of cuts in the file. Otherwise it could be the name of the beat. Hell if I know. Or maybe it's because Dub is from europe. hahaha i don't have a clue

Edited by DJStickey

can you please explain what exactly euro cutting is?

It's a fader technique. You set the crossfader to regular (sharp cut in) and the up fader you are using to regular (sharp cut in). Then you use one hand to move both faders at the same time.

It works like this: - when you click the crossfader once, you are cutting the sound into two. As you are doing the same with the up fader at the same time (but slightly offset to the crossfader), that is cutting THAT sound into two. You get very sharp, very quick sounds like this. That's probably not the best description in the world but I hope you see what I mean.

Check out Dub's video of the technique by clicking HERE.

If your mixer has no curve adjust on the ups (mine doesn't) then you can't do the Euro. You also need to scratch regular, not hamster, or at least switch to regular just to do this scratch. You can get a similar sound with a fast twiddle done hamster style.

Dub - I ain't a big fan of the Euro. That aside, your scratching sounds loads more fluid and relaxed these days and that's definitely a good thing. You are becoming the master of the tear fades!

Tyra told me to say hello to you too. I gave her the link to your Soundclick page and she's loving the cuts.