mix of blends and 90s

kiqbaq

damn... i tried somthin new.. i tried to mix blends.. like using instrumental and vocals only and damnn that was hard as a motha since i have to switch records really fast....after hours of trying to re-do everything yesterday, i gave up. so this mornin i tried to alter it some and add actual tracks in between and some more switching around and it worked better.. but was still hard as a motha.

i was hoping to make this my first mixtape but i dont know anymore since there were some pretty bad mixes and such.

but i've busted my nut trying to get this mix to be good so i'ma going to post it up for comments anyways.

did it all in 1 take no sort of computer editing or anything.

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=7FCA719...909D015215FAE1F

tracklist

makaveli VS joe budden (45 blend by me)

nicole VS mobb deep (45 blend by me)

jahiem VS mary j (45 blend by me)

notorious big VS joe & g-unit (45 blend by me)

nas- rule

TI VS Mya (45 blend by me)

rappin 4-tay - i'll be around wicked mix

wycelf VS mary j (blend by me)

nu shooz- i can't wait

fat boys

joe public- live and learn

kid n play - rollin with kid n play

full force- aint my type of hype

father mc - I'll do for you

heavy d - is it good to you

janet jackson - runaway

arrested developement -mr. wendel

bbd - do me

boyz II men - motownphilly

toni tone tony - i don't know what you come to do

bobby brown- humpin around

ralph tresvant - yo baby yo baby yo

kid n play - ain't gon hurt nobody

Edited by kiqbaq

i just listened to it all - but it was more of an 'in the background' listen at work

i didn't notice anything sounding bad, which must be a good thing - i didn't hear any bad mixes

the ones i did notice sounded good

i like it though - i'll listen to it again next time it rolls round, try and listen more closely

i've listened to it again and i realy like the acapella's

it was slightly odd when g-unit and 50 came in with their usual 'g g g g g unit!' - bit of a shock

the mixes were good, i like the wyclef and mary j then nu shooz a lot

the only minor thing was the levels were a bit out here and there, but that is pretty hard to catch a lot of the time i think

overall though i'd say it was good, i'd be well pleased if i'd done it

i thought it was a good mix overall. pretty dope tracklist...bringing back to old school sorta vibe. but i would definately perfect some more before passing it on as your first, or atleast if you were to give it out. maybe tighten up your transistions and maybe program some additional scratches just to add more energy to the track coming in nahhhmean???. damn good attempt actually, better than what i can scrounge up as for a mix. youve motivated me though to get back into mixin. keep @ it!

Edited by iexist

I like this mix man. The mixing is clean I'd say. I hadn't heard that Jailhouse Rap track by the Fatboys for years!

I'd say what Jordan says really. Some of the transitions are a bit weak but other than that it's nice. Your beat matching is on point anyway and the sound quality is good. Nice work - I'll burn this one to a CD.