the redundancy scratch

funky dope

good to hear some cuts on nice samples.

especially cutting on a sentence.

being jobless has been a boon to your cuts homeboy.

ok there is a few mistakes here and there, but there is a massive range of dope cuts - the cuts on oh yeah at 4:00 :d

nice...good sample, wheres that from????

well i cant really fault it (few small mistakes but they happen..nothing too major.

so howz ya final sratch gettin on? still enjoyin it as much?????

i used a-trak's gangsta breaks for the samples. the 'danger, blow ya outta the frame' is taken from the track OC - Time's up.

final scratch is doin fine mate. had a bit of a scare about 2 weeks ago when my scratchamp went south. it was 18 months old so out of warranty. but stanton being the nice people they are gave me a brand new FS package Free of charge!

i've made a battle record using AIFF samples and recorded as a wav file and the samples sound a shit load better than mp3.

yo grae my mates pretty hyped about joining us for a cut sesh on sunday. maybe we should have a look at making a sketch? i'm also thinking about 'donating' my sk2-f to the stafford cut loft cos i'm sick of unhooking my shit. too lazy man, i've left FS in it;s box and hooked just one deck up!

yo grae my mates pretty hyped about joining us for a cut sesh on sunday. maybe we should have a look at making a sketch? i'm also thinking about 'donating' my sk2-f to the stafford cut loft cos i'm sick of unhooking my shit. too lazy man, i've left FS in it;s box and hooked just one deck up!

cool. yeh leave that sk2f at mine, that'll be ok.

you could leave that laptop, and final scratch!

yo Dub, that session was off the chain. quit frettin about your job and make djing your job. HOLLA BACK! I wanted to ask what the scratches were @ :25, 3:55. Those were what caught my ear that I would like to learn. Get @ me.

You got mad skills on the cut. What I would really like to hear from you Dub is some fat composistions. I bet you could scratch some nice tracks. I havent heard any except the colabs we've done. Hook us up!

cheers for the feedback. it nearly always fall to pieces when i record anything and i don't feel i'm doing myself justice sometimes when i post a file. this morning i woke up at the usual time instead of having a lie-in and got straight on the cut.

when i've got half a chance i will do another mix or try and make a scratch track.

at 25 secs the technique is a baby-chirp combo in quick succession. at 3:55 was a 2 click flare pincer style...

Edited by Dub-Se7en

cheers flip!

pincer style is holding the fader between your thumb and eiher pointer or index finger (or both if you prefer). if you scratch normal (as i do) you start fader open. knock the fader out with the thumb and immediatly back in with the fingers the required number of times. it'll feel dead wierd at first but keep at it and it'll eventually click.

yeah, thats pretty tough for me. i feel very weak handed when i try to cut like that and i have trouble cuttin on rhythm when i try pincer style.. but i see what you are saying now. thanks dub.

Edited by iexist

yeh i was thinkin of gettin the final scratch as well dub...just to use for scratchin (as i can get a lot of samples i want) and ive heard it hold up pretty well...looked at other types but as you know stanton are great for customer service...unfortunately they have been slagged off loads for what i reckon a new company (and not like technics)

wow...real nice dub. I gotta get gangsta breaks now...love those samples too! right on with the silent breaks and fades

i gotta check out the rest of your stuff.....

yeah, I'd love to hear a composed track too!! tight as hell dubs!!

later ! peace.