when using serato

mattnice

Same as discuss by waveform if it's anything programmed. I use headphones if i don't know the tune very well but otherwise i rarely use headphones. I'm just much faster that way.

=O

It's only other djs who care. If i messed up beatmatching traditionally,which is much more likely than me messing up matching waves, the crowd might get unhappy. they're your priority, so you gotta please them rather than the djs who watch how you're mixing your records together!

Same as discuss by waveform if it's anything programmed. I use headphones if i don't know the tune very well but otherwise i rarely use headphones. I'm just much faster that way.

=O

It's only other djs who care. If i messed up beatmatching traditionally,which is much more likely than me messing up matching waves, the crowd might get unhappy. they're your priority, so you gotta please them rather than the djs who watch how you're mixing your records together!

Lol i dont care =P. I dunno I just thought that you done it by ear. And anyway I learnt how to mix that way. And quite often do mixes just by wave forms normally if i don't like the headphones ( lol im really fussy)

Half the reason why i have started going by ear is because sometimes I cant have the laptop in front of me, I played the other day and theres was no where the put the laptop but to the side. If i had stared at it all night I would have had a neck ache :p

And plus i would like to rely on something else than the computer. Especially since sometimes they can lag etc.

But to get back on track.. I dont think it really matters. The fact is that you sound good and like you said its the crowds you want to impress :)

I use heedfones but the wave form thing is nice to see! I find when using serato I do loads of mad shit I would proly not risk using vinyl eg starting in the middle of a rec where the break is an shit! it allows you to do that stuff thats why I like it so much you can be a bit more confident with breaks or cool bits later on in the record plus Instant dubls means you can skip back to the start well easily! I love SERATO!

^Yup. I DJed last night with one turntble thanks to instant doubles for the first time and it was really nice....wait-a-second!!.... WHERE IS THE REAL FOLY AND WHO IS THIS IMPOSTOR?

^Yup. I DJed last night with one turntble thanks to instant doubles for the first time and it was really nice....wait-a-second!!.... WHERE IS THE REAL FOLY AND WHO IS THIS IMPOSTOR?

WOrd and Word

Instant doubles saves lives. I was djing on friday night and one of the turntables wasn't syncing with serato properly so we ended up using just one turntable and the mixer. It gets abit weird when you've been using effects on the internal channel though, I kept forgetting to turn them off and started creating huge delays by accident!

And yeah, Foly- wtfbbq?

WOrd and Word

Instant doubles saves lives. I was djing on friday night and one of the turntables wasn't syncing with serato properly so we ended up using just one turntable and the mixer. It gets abit weird when you've been using effects on the internal channel though, I kept forgetting to turn them off and started creating huge delays by accident!

And yeah, Foly- wtfbbq?

Foly body as been snatched lol.. Yea instant doubles are great... Although I wish i knew about it at my H&M gig. I really should dive into serato more. At the moments its just my record box

The whole hate thing was fuelled by the sheer amount of folk that got serato when it came out and was telling me that I HAVE to get it its amaaaaazing and all that shit! I like it but still prefer vinyl! I will only buy it if I need to as it stands ALL my friends have it so I dont ne3ed it plus its banned at positivity so....

Also I know a few folk who sold all their vinyl when they got it which to me is unforgivable and disgusting and speaks a lot about the dj in questions commitment to the artform! anyways I like serato! :$

The whole hate thing was fuelled by the sheer amount of folk that got serato when it came out and was telling me that I HAVE to get it its amaaaaazing and all that shit! I like it but still prefer vinyl! I will only buy it if I need to as it stands ALL my friends have it so I dont ne3ed it plus its banned at positivity so....

Also I know a few folk who sold all their vinyl when they got it which to me is unforgivable and disgusting and speaks a lot about the dj in questions commitment to the artform!

That's crazy but kinda cool its banned at that joint!

I totally agree about people selling their recs-stupid. I might sell some crap filler recs but only to buy more. I've cleaned up from some sukkas ditching vinyl for serato.

im still a by ear person...i look at the waves if im commin off beat really bad and cant get my ear to catch it. i honestly think people look like dumbasses when theyre looking at the computer the WHOLE time. YOU HAVE AN AUDIENCE TO WATCH!! they like to know that theyre being an inspiration to your mix and throwing back some "woooooo yeaaaaa alrightttt" feed back to you letting you know youre doin a good job and not just throwin down music just cause you gotta look at the screen the whole time to make sure your on beat,fuck that shit.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it easier to do it by ear. I have tried using the waveforms but sometimes Ifind the waves look lined up but the beats are clipping.

i do like the feature when I'm well in a mix in a club and the monitors aren't great though.

• 2 weeks later...