The track/sample IDs thread

Steve

anyone know the beat that comes in just after 1 minute.

Obviously i recognise it, but do you reckon its an instrumental of something, or just a loop on a battle rec?

• 1 month later...

Me again

Obviously I know the beat, but whats the video clip from?

obviously it's world famous from ruck's usage for the intro of RRRAP.

The chap has made a few other decent vids on his YT channel

• 1 month later...

OK Steve... not so much a track ID, as a guess what song is in my head challenge...

it's definitely been used in a dmc battle and my guess is USA 1999-2001, so i might resort to rewatching if you can't krypton factor this one...

i also considered that it might feature in a famous mix, like one of the Lessons, or chemist and shadow

It's almost like the intro of Get into the groove by Madonna, very similar intro melody, if it was produced by Newcleus....

it's the melody for a few bars before the drums come in...

God this is useless of me, but it also makes it more impressive when you inevitably get it... (hopeful face??)

• Like 1

Nothing is coming to mind mate, sorry. What genre is it? Is it instrumental?

i'm so sorry this is such a stupid request.

it's an electro track, so early/mid 80s. not sure if it's totally instrumental.

now in my brain i'm suspecting Noize used it. but then again he did use jam on revenge so maybe i'm mixing it up with that. anyway

ignore everything....

It's not the instrumental of "I Wonder If I Take You Home" is it? That's a bit of a shot in the dark to say the least, lol, but for some reason it came to mind.

If it's not that I think you'd have to find the video where you heard it, cos I don't think this will suddenly come to me.

It's not the instrumental of "I Wonder If I Take You Home" is it? That's a bit of a shot in the dark to say the least, lol, but for some reason it came to mind.

If it's not that I think you'd have to find the video where you heard it, cos I don't think this will suddenly come to me.

nah it's not,

forget this ever happened

:|

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

STEVE!

Finally figured it out. you see what i mean about the bassline melody in shannon and the first melody in Groove?

Realised it when seeing Roli Rho use it against Babu in itf 97.

I can't believe it took this long.

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

I'm trying to remember the name of a rap song released some time in the last few years.

All I can remember is part of the chorus, which is the rapper singing, and it goes something like "park city bluuueeee", in descending notes, with the "blue" split into two notes. I think it might be Kid Cudi, but I'm not 100% sure.

Obviously those lyrics can't be right or I'd have found it with a Google search, but it's something close to that.

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Mista_Ed said:

hey team

im looking for the "dynamiiiiite" scratch sample!

cant fucking find it, even though i know i have it....i was certain it was hee haw, but its not....im sure its on a thud rumble one tho.

any ideas - even the original record / sample would be great!!! 

(ive since found this - its on STD breaks and is "kid dynomite")

• Like 1