Tapatalk disabled (EDIT - re-enabled now)

Steve

It's only temporary, but I've had to disable it until they get their act together and fix it. The latest version is shite and is leading to posts that are full of code.

EDIT - I've re-enabled it as a new version has been released, so we'll see how it goes.

I prefer the regular mobile skin, but people who use several forums with it seem to prefer it. Looking at the stats, only a handful of people use it here anyway.

What I also don't like about it is, it features ads, but I have the option to turn them on or off so I always turn them off, however, next time I go and log into the Tapatalk website, about half the time the ads have turned themselves back on without me making the change.

I am tempted to bin it. It's buggy, the customer support is crap, settings toggle on/off without me changing them, and it's something else that I have to keep up to date and check to make sure it doesn't introduce security risks for the site.

I got it for here and CaB and to be honest it's less convenient than using the mobile version for here. However my phone never remembers to load the mobile skin for here.

CaB's mobile version is buggy as hell so it's slightly preferable but lots of features are disabled.

Aww ive been getting a 'failed to connect to forum' message for about 6 monthes now, was hoping this wud fix it , but still no joy.

ahh ha , i just tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and i can connect to the forum now. when i did the reinstall it asked me to sign in to tapatalk (fb/g+/email) i don't think i had to do that in the earlier version i installed n i dont think the upgrade had prompted me to either ..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest petesasqwax

I never used to use it but have recently discovered that it makes the forum totally manageable on a handheld device. It never seems to grey out the shit I've read unless I do 'mark forum as read' though, which is a pain in the left testicle, but I get by

• Like 1