Sample the record, win the record 2014 - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

Sample the record/win the record 2014 -VOTE!!!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Diggla
    • Kutclass
    • Doppelkorn
    • d00ban

Diggla

Kutclass

Doppelkorn

d00ban

https://soundcloud.com/dooban/eeezen

If anyone else comes through with something while the poll is still up, I can always add them.

Equally, if anyone ends up making something from these samples at a later date and fancies sharing it here on DV, that would be cool.

I'll end the poll in a week.

• Like 1

I wasn't a fan of Dirk's (I preferred the original one you accidentally posted to Facebook). Dopp's is OK for what it is. KC's is cool, but I think d00b's is funkier so he gets my vote, even though he used File Dropper, like what a cnut would.

Real question is would you have voted for the first one I did?

I liked that first one a little better too but it was really 2 beats so figured I should combine the two.

Looking forward to checking the other entries!

i voted for doobs too, the drums could do with a mix down (ur claps r a lil harsh) but they've got great swing and it sounds like a much more modern hiphop production compared to mine where ive gone for more of a sp12 sound (which i've been listening to a lot recently)

ps. i liked the loop dirk had in his , but i was kinda waiting for another layer of dirty tech drums to drop in. dopps big speech sample - it kinda was the right thing to put over the backing beat , ok for what it was.

Fuckin' ell d00bny what's the deal with using that hoster?

I vote d00bny.

Can I get some sympathy points cos my beat was made using solely samples form the record and I'm also shit at production?

I even Googled how to EQ some of the stuff.

Come on lads.

dopps truly sounded like what I'd expect him to play for me if I was tripping on acid and he was going to take it upon himself to "help me through it"

Mine was typical of my stuff since I can't grasp making a complex tune

Kutclass was just what I'd hoped--I absolutely love his production.

Doob's I downloaded twice and dried in Windows Media Player, VLC, quicktime and itunes... none of which solved the problem that it would only play the first 4 seconds and then stop. So that was so annoying even if it was the best tune I've ever heard I'm not voting for it out of principle. But apparently I'll never know anyways because I give up.

Kutclass gets my vote.

dopps truly sounded like what I'd expect him to play for me if I was tripping on acid and he was going to take it upon himself to "help me through it"

I'm retiring right now. It's incredible that I reached my goals in music at this early stage.

YESSSSS

:d:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like 1

That's better Steve (the mp3) - do you have the powers to put that in my original post?

Yep, done.

@d00b - Don't moan at me about people not getting to hear the awesome quality of your 8,000 Kbps WAV, cos you know not one of you motherfuckers would tell the difference between it and that MP3 in a proper blind test. That'll teach you for using File Dropper. :p

Too high on the claps? sheeeittt, didn't notice that at all, I've been focusing on the bottom end for the last day trying to get that right! ha

Make sure you listen to the end of mine peepe,s it looks a bit like a slug but actually progresses as it goes along.

I voted for dopps, I'm not sure what he's done exactly but it's so "dopp" that I felt some kind of affection towards it.

Really liked adams too (as usual) but think he could of smashed out the breakdown somewhat differently

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

ah shit, seriously - how do you pick between those 4? really like all of them to be honest. d00b's has got this kind of drunken wooziness to it that's such a pleasant listen. dopp's is well subtle but really nicely understated. also i feel like i learned something from the vocal sample or at least, i feel like i should have done. i really like how kutclass's does the kind of newer school type approach whilst also incorporating the premier-style chops. works really nicely. no idea how dirk's manages to be off kilter and completely smooth as fuck at the same time, but it totally does. and the massage style happy ending was well cheeky.

nice work, gents!

I didn't get chance to do anything before this evening. It's a bit of a rush job and it's quite brief, but here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/petesasqwax/dv-vs-jh

huge propers to Senor Rock Well for organising this

That was amazing Pete. Loved. it.