This Week I've Been Listening To

danswift

Ralph Towner-Nimbus

(With Eberhard Weber & Jan Gabarek )

Return To Forever-Where Have I Known You Before / Romantic Warrior (Remastered versions)

Gong -Expresso 2

Weather Report -Tale Spinnin'

Uncle Moe's Space Ranch-U.M.S.R.

Herbie Hancock -Maiden Voyage

Ozric Tentacles -Jurassic Shift /Erpland (double pack cd)

Queens Of The Stone Age -Like Clockwork

Erik Satie-Gymnopedie No.1

I never watch the television in my house so I tend to have music playing most of the time, either stuff of my own I'm working on or by other people .

I just grab a dozen or so cd's from my shelves and have them on in the kitchen and then change them over once a week and I find that its a good way to force myself to listen to some older stuff that I'd otherwise probably neglect for a while and a nice way of re-evaluating things I haven't listened to for ages...

What music has been soundtracking your week ?

Guest Symatic

butthole surfers, leaders of the new school, ODB, and a bunch of random stuff from a mate at work who's been bringing in his records for me to pilfer samples :)

(and my regular daily dose of lone wolf beats obviously :) )

• Like 1

So varied.. lots of d&b and chill shit on plug.dj, reggae and some rando CD mixes. Today been mostly jazz on public radio.

• Like 1

I've been listening to your mom moan while I fuck her.

I've also been listening to: -

Ernie Hines - Electrified

Your Old Droog - Packs

Bark Psychosis - Hex

DJ Shred One - Discogs Mix 024

Queen - Greatest Hits

DJ Qbert - Jellyfish Lazer Face (The download took 8 months as it was hosted on a boat in the South China Sea)

• Like 1

Dan reminded me that I've got the Romantic Warrior LP so I've been listening to that

Good choice Joe !.. :(( .The title track of that lp is a work of art in my opinion and

a real high watermark in the much maligned genre of Fusion.

When Al Di Meola and Lenny White left the year after Romantic Warrior was released the band was finished for me though...the albums they made after are rubbish.

Guest petesasqwax

Odd Nosdam (various)

Open Mike Eagle (loads)

Homeboy Sandman (Lice 1 & 2 with Aesop and his last LP)

Jonwayne (Rap Album 2)

Cut Chemist (that '2nd Audience...' LP is so good)

Raise By Seuss

Anti-MC

Kegs

Andre Afram Asmar

Trying out loads of people I never managed to get with before. Tried lots of LA beat type stuff - still can't dig Samiyam, Lee Bannon, Kutmah, can't find much Ras G I like? but I do really like the dude. Still like Hood but not the vocals.

Guest Symatic

Dan reminded me that I've got the Romantic Warrior LP so I've been listening to that and:

Thundercat - Drunk

MF Doom/Sade - Sadevillain

Paul Nice - Sail on the Grill mix

Lordcore 01 - Serious Business EP *COUGH* AVAILABLE HERE *COUGH*

COUGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dan reminded me that I've got the Romantic Warrior LP so I've been listening to that

Good choice Joe !.. :(( .The title track of that lp is a work of art in my opinion and

a real high watermark in the much maligned genre of Fusion.

When Al Di Meola and Lenny White left the year after Romantic Warrior was released the band was finished for me though...the albums they made after are rubbish.

Yeah, a mate of mine is a record dealer and he bought a pile of records in for me to peruse. I picked out a handful of bits and Romantic Warrior was one of them. Bunch of talented dudes! Never checked their other albums though...

Guest petesasqwax

Hehe - I appreciate this may make me sound like a dick, but any LP entitled 'Romantic Warrior' is one I'd give a seriously wide berth to. Shit sounds cleaner than a Vanish factory :d

• Like 1

Hehe - I appreciate this may make me sound like a dick, but any LP entitled 'Romantic Warrior' is one I'd give a seriously wide berth to. Shit sounds cleaner than a Vanish factory :d

Yeah that lp is probably not your cup of tea to be fair Pete although RTF can be pretty heavy sounding on a lot of their tracks.

If I was to play something of theirs for you I'd pick the earlier albums like 'No Mystery' or 'Hymn of the 7th Galaxy' which possibly would be more to your liking.

highlights from this weeks listening included

Astor Piazzolla-Tango:Zero Hour

Billy Cobham-Total Eclipse

Sachal Studio Orchestra-Interpretations Of Jazz Standards (for those that don't know,The Sachal Studio Orch are from Lahore and are pretty amazing at what they do,their version of Brubeck's 'Take 5' on this particular lp is fantastic )

Amorphous Androgynous-The Cartel

Talking Heads-The Best of

Jordan Rudess-For N.Y.C

Bunny Wailer-BlackHeart Man

Cinematic Orchestra-Motion

Tony Williams Lifetime-Believe It

Various Artists-The Folk Box

(For Friday's drunken St.Patrick's Day Celebrations which somehow,mysteriously turned into a weekend long session)

Spinning in a circular fashion this week were the following..

Rush-Moving Pictures
('Tom Sawyer' is still tha bomb)
Stanley Clarke-First Solo lp
Mindflowers-Nuances/ImProgressive
(Heavy guitar and Synth driven prog from Hungary..top stuff! )
Mix Master Mike-Eye of the Cyklops
Saxon Soundsystem vs Stonelove 1989 (cassette bootleg)
Shaka vs Fatman-Dub Confrontation
Various Artists -Fill Your Head With Rock (late 60s/70s compilation)
Aretha Franklin-Lady Soul
(Her best lp in my opinion)
Guthrie Govan-Erotic Cakes
Various Artists -The New Dictionary of Blues and Soul
The B52's- selected tracks on Saturday might when the missus had gone to bed 'tired and emotional'..she doesn't like the B52's -she says that they make her feel stabby ..some people just dont have any class is all I reckon .. :| )

Guest petesasqwax

Odd Nosdam - Trish; Sisters; Music For Raising

Buddy Peace - Whole House Freeze; Stop Smiling; Hit Pudding

Al Lover - Neuicide; x GOAT; Interference Patterns

Morgan Delt - Phase Zero; Psychic Death Hole

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana

• Like 1

I need to hear that King Gizzard and the Lizzard Wizard one right now !

Hahaha ...Flying Microtonal Banana !

Sounds just like the sort of song title the Ozric Tentacles would use. :((

At first glance at your list Pete, i initially thought one of those other albums was called 'Goat Interference Patterns' which surely would have been the greatest title for an album in the entire history of recorded music !

Guest petesasqwax

It's damn good. Better than Nonagon Infinity, which I love, which was better than I Am In Your Mind Fuzz (which I also love)

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

At first glance at your list Pete, i thought one of those other albums was called 'Goat Interference Patterns' which surely would have been the greatest title for an album in the history of recorded music !

Definitely one I'd need doubles of! :d

• Like 1