Rap lyrics that get stuck in your head

DJ Rock Well

Does anybody else have a bunch of odd isolated rap lyrics stuck in their head that always pop up from time to time? I don't really mean your favourite or best rap quotes, just things that randomly got lodged in your subconcious. In fact some that stay with me do so because they are dodgy rather than great.

I've been meaning to post this up for ages but two things happened this week that tipped me over the edge to actually post...

1) Broke posting on FB about Biggie's deathniversary with "The greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th" from Second Round K.O. which is definitely one that became a bit of an earworm for me once.

2) My boss bought some of what he calls 'modern records' (i.e. from the 80s) and amongst them was a Keith Sweat album. Now the only thing I know about Keith Sweat is another lyric that got stuck in my head... "I never beg for pussy like Keith Sweat" (possibly by Keith Murray on a Def squad cut, but not sure). So when my boss held up the LP and said "Who's Keith Sweat?" my natural response was "All I know is that he begged for pussy" Luckily my brain kicked in before I had to laboriously explain to my boss what that means :d

So what are everybody else's rap earworms?

• Like 3

'Quiet On Tha Set' by N.W.A.

Especially the line that goes "Ruthless,plenty of that and much more..at the party its me that's controlling the floor".

That damn line pops into my head at the oddest of times and when it does I usually have to start rapping the other bits of the verse from the track.

The thing is-I don't even particularly like N.W.A.

"I aint lying, kick a lion in his crack" by Shadow & RTJ is another one that seems to slip in constantly too for some unknown reason hahaha..

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Always from time to time I get Ultramagnetics Mc's - Poppa Large just Kool Keith rhyming in my head "Pick 'em up, eat 'em up, pick 'em up, heat 'em up, Pick 'em up picklehead, pick 'em up picky" I think I blame Symatic for that, with his crazy tinychat Kool Keith routines :d

Also get various parts of the 4-Ever Fresh - Urban Sound Surgeon track like "Brand new year, breaking in all virgins", "So i think you better cancel your ego trip", "Create rap music cos I never dug disco" and "Holy calamity, scream insanity"

And a whole host of random scratch samples and noises

• Like 5

Haha, Kool Keith is the best for those. Practically everything he says sticks in my head. This might be my favourite:

Your head spins, facing north and south and west, not east at a angle,

But mines dangle, where's your Kangol?

It seems weird; your head is triangle,

Like a mango, something I snack on,

A soft duck, something I smack on...

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

I have this LOADS!

Randomly at work I get: "I do work with these - like Hercules!" pop into my head when I have to tell people what I do (new employees, for example).

Because I have to deal with people who don't know how to do shit, lines which reference things like jump to mind. Kwest's verse from "5 Star Generals" is a good example: "I could hand you a manual to make what I plan to do more tangible"

I had: "If any child of mine gets out of line boasting, my style of rhyme covers you like calomine lotion" in my head the other day, which I've not heard for a lot of years.

• Like 2

I have this LOADS!

Randomly at work I get: "I do work with these - like Hercules!" pop into my head when I have to tell people what I do (new employees, for example).

Because I have to deal with people who don't know how to do shit, lines which reference things like jump to mind. Kwest's verse from "5 Star Generals" is a good example: "I could hand you a manual to make what I plan to do more tangible"

I had: "If any child of mine gets out of line boasting, my style of rhyme covers you like calomine lotion" in my head the other day, which I've not heard for a lot of years.

I get those a lot. The worst is when I'm playing squash and keeping track of the score. No matter what the score is, it'll trigger something rap-related.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Also get I quite often get random unlegible noise and sounds effects in the style of ODB as well :((

Apparently making toast this afternoon had my mind singing this

Christ what the neighbours think :((

I get these too but nothing springs to mind right now, they tend to be an involuntary response to some kind of stimuli. For instance any time someone mentions something being in a 'two pack' I can't help but say 'holla if ya hear may' in my best west coast :unsure:

• Like 2

"I'm as cool as the cat who came to school just for lunch" pops up often. In fact a lot of lyrics from that song stayed with me.

I definitely get it with lyrics I really rate, like Doom's 'Beef Rapp' for instance, but also things that are a bit awkward or I don't understand. Especially when I was younger and less worldly...

"Son's getting funky. I'm shitting on em, shitting on em" - why would Son Doobie want to defecate on people? I wondered.

"Did a short bid and came back cock diesel kid" - My young teenage self loved The Beatnuts but my rural, middle class, English lifestyle never led me into any situations where "cock diesel" was needed.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

"She wore a thong in her youth. These days she's a bit long in the tooth"

"Two big bodyguards, kinda cockdiesel, standing with the owner cos he's a fuckin weasel"

• Like 1

"I keep in shape and do my physical fitness

Your head's numb, so your brains a miss this
Pick 'em up, eat 'em up, pick 'em up, beat 'em up
Pick 'em up pimplehead, pick 'em up picky
I roll wit globs and I come real sticky"

Guest broke

Does anybody else have a bunch of odd isolated rap lyrics stuck in their head that always pop up from time to time?

That's all that's in my head, random rap lyrics and Simpsons quotes

• Like 2

Guest broke

Gimmie some tissue, case of mess

And I'm feeling hungry, 'ssumed you guessed

Ain't got money, so be my guest

You know what I want though, Junior Spesh!

Am I to understand that mayonnaise is not included in the price?

Guest petesasqwax

You're so sensitive, all I said were simple sentences, the premises were left as if the messages were venomous.

(They are, though)

Yes, Simpson quotes are indefinitely stuck in my head ("If I had a nickle for every dime I've heard that"), as well as Archer's voice when I'm narrating my own thoughts. Rap lyrics definitely make cameos into my daily disturbing delusions too, but presently none come to mind.

"Everybody knows I go to Georgia often

Got on a flight and I ended up in Boston"

Maybe that one cos I'm going to Boston soon - will be interested if I accidentally end up in Georgia.

I remember going to New York and getting in the cab and seeing signs for Linden Boulevard which immediately set off Tribe lyrics.

• Like 1