G.O.A.T (Breaks & Beats)

danswift

The weirdest thing I ever found out about breaks is that the two favorite songs I had for a while when I was in my teens were Setting Sun by The Chemical Brothers and Tomorrow Never Knows by The Beatles...

I later found out they had a law suit against the Chems accusing them of stealing the break from The Beatles! I was like wow that's why I love them songs and I guess breaks became the thing that I am always drawn back to music for. Also if anyone says Ringo was a crap drummer I will calmly point them towards Tomorrow Never Knows!

Here's the Chems version

The Beatles version

I have been obsessed with that break and got the midi file eventually and stripped out the drum pattern. It's got a strange off beat timing that is not easy to use with stuff... Anyway this is enough of my life story ha. This break is special to me for some reason I can't work out...

• Like 1

This is the track I was reminded of few posts up... It's kind of a break but it has bass on it and it needed chopping and working a bit to make a few loops out of. I know it's a well known track but I was playing around with looping random tracks in the Mixfader app at -50% speeds and I heard it like it was new. From 0.00 for a few seconds.

The bass seemed awesome so I did that isolation thing in Audition when you are making an a cappella using the instrumental to get clean drums and bass only loops. I probably wasted a lot of time to get a drum loop I haven't used other than the odd scratch practice...

Edited by PortableModManiac
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...