Repairing Mixars Cut

So my Mixars Cut had a problem. One of the XLR outputs stopped working. The RCA outputs where both working, so I opened it to see if there is something wrong with the XLR connections.

Opening the mixer I noticed that most of the space inside was empty. They could make the mixer smaller, all the weight comes from the thick metal casing.

ZlKxbz9.jpg

I was looking for anything unusual at the XLR area. I am not an expert but what I found was something really noticeable.

Two of the capacitor where ''naked''. Thats the first time I see something like that. I dont know if this is normal.

I replaced all 4 capacitors at this spot and the mixer seems to work fine for now.

That was very disapointing. I know that this is a budget mixer and you get what you pay for. I know some things come out of the factorie wrong but this is surely not a ''Mini tank'' as advertised.

mKBO4xK.jpg

Guest Symatic

they just looked like that from the beginning? i would have thought the metal lids would have blown off and be rattling around inside the mixer.... if they looked like that from the start thats kinda weird

Guest rasteri

Or maybe Mixars damaged the caps during assembly? Either way it doesn't say a lot for their quality control - either the caps they're using are cheap or poorly specced, or their assemblers are gash.