Does DV ever look like this to you?

Steve

Underneath the main header at the top of any page are 5 tabs like this: -

Clipboard03.jpg

But sometimes when I visit the site, they've been replaced with the word "More", like this: -

Clipboard02.jpg

Does this ever happen to you, and if so, which browser are you using?

It has features/functionality that other browser don't have. The only thing I don't like about it is that some sites "browser sniff" and deliberately render pages differently in Opera. For instance, if I visit Amazon with Opera, the menu system is different and some of the features don't appear at all. If I change the setting to "mask as Firefox" in Opera so that Amazon thinks I'm using Firefox, the menu system changes and all of the features work. I can do that on a per-site basis and it remembers the settings, but it's still a pain that sites even do that in the first place.

I tried using Chrome for a week to see if it was worth switching to that, but there were a few things I didn't like about it: -

The password manager doesn't work as well as it does in Opera. Chrome is FAR less customisable, as in Opera you can remove any buttons you don't want from any toolbar, and there are sites where you can drag and drop buttons directly from a web page to Opera's toolbar to add new functionality. Chrome allows you to create custom searches, just like in Opera, but in Opera I can highlight any word/term on a web page and then search for that using any of the custom searches I've created, while in Chrome you can only search with Google (or whatever is your primary search engine). Chrome has no mouse gestures unless you add them via an extension, but the extension is automatically disabled when you're on secure pages and I find that annoying. Scrolling up and down in Chrome isn't smooth like it is in Opera. If a page doesn't render correctly, I can right click and choose "Open with" and pick any of the browsers I have installed.

The only thing I liked about Chrome is that each tab opens as its own process, so when you close a tab it shuts down that process.

I have all of the major browsers installed and I use them all from time to time, but for my uses, Opera is the best one.

• Like 1

Yes it does me too. Only sometimes and only after the last update which I think is a bit buggy anyway. At the top left where it says file and tools and shit there is a weird symbol possibly & covering the first letter of each WTF? By far my favourite browser though!